Glass Replacement

coach2000

Does anyone know how easy it is to change a rear window on my Elddis and anywhere to buy at a reasonable price? I can get a new one from Elddis at around £300 plus carriage and vat. and claim off the insurance for the fitting at the same time. The problem is I may have to wait for it to be fitted.

My van is normally in France most of the time, came home to get an mot and service. Home for 2 nights and get vandalised. It's a sorry state of affairs when you feel safer on an air'e than you do at home.

Clive.

coach2000 - 2007-05-12 10:56 PM Does anyone know how easy it is to change a rear window on my Elddis and anywhere to buy at a reasonable price? I can get a new one from Elddis at around £300 plus carriage and vat. and claim off the insurance for the fitting at the same time. The problem is I may have to wait for it to be fitted. My van is normally in France most of the time, came home to get an mot and service. Home for 2 nights and get vandalised. It's a sorry state of affairs when you feel safer on an air'e than you do at home. Clive.

Clive,

You didn't park the van outside a camera shop in Bolton by any chance, did you?

Clive,

You could try Miriad products, http://www.miriad-products.com , who are the sole UK distibutors of Polyplastic windows which may be the make of window you have. I think they may be trade only, but should be able to supply name of dealer near you. Worth getting in touch as they also supply other makes.

You can also be brave and buy one mail order from Italy from http://www.campingshop.it .

Fitting is relativly easy as not all of your old window needs to be replaced depending on damage.

Also any Motorhome or caravan accessory shop/dealer should be able to order the window you need. You will need full details of the old one to get the same tint, colour, size etc.

Jon.

Hi Clive,

What type of window is it, I had to change our rear one on our Autostratus CK it was a non cassette type hinged at the top (a friend unfortunatly opened it too far with the restrainers disconected and it broke along the hinge did glue it but was not happy until I fitted a new one) but I know that the rear windows are different on different variants i.e. LS, EL, EB AND CK also on different models.

I got our replacement from CAK at cost £79 and was a fairly easy change.

Bas

Basil, not sure what make. It is foreign, Rotterdam or something. The glass is brown tinted double glazed with 4 fastening catches what are screwed round the glass edge. There is no frame round it. Where is the supplier you mentioned. Yours sounded a bargain. Unfortunately my glass is the width of the van so could be dearer.

Thanks,

Clive.

I think think this is the company Barron's told me they would get it from at around the £300 price plus fitting. I am going to give them another ring tomorrow to ask for a fitting date. Hopefully not too long or I will try to fit myself.

Clive.

Archived