Image Aerial

Ivys

• 3 weeks later...
I have one of these all singing all dancing TVs. Built in Freeview, DVD player, CD player, Camera card reader etc. Well, it's no good without decent TV reception. I tried the roof top 'flying saucer' aerial on my first and second trip out. Reception was OK but limited to which channels I could receive. So, I decided to buy one of these aerials you stick on a pole. It didn't work too well on my drive at home. Anyway, over the bank holiday weekend I didn't erect my new pole aerial but just checked out the reception on my 'flying saucer'. Well, the reception was perfect, even on analogue. So, it seems to me that it isn't your equpment that matters, more so the quality of the nearest transmitter. By the way, the site I was on was Brompton Park, North Yorks.

The two major factors affecting TV reception, both analogue and, more so, digital is the proximity of the transmitter you will be receiving from and the quality of your aerial. I use an external aerial mounted on a pole so that its a good six feet or more above the 'van's roof and I can usually receive digital and almost always analogue. I've fitted several Status 530/10 units and their performance seems to be a bit patchy by comparison.

D.

I bought and tried one of these aerials last week. There were some places where I didn't get a signal and there were aerials on houses. The aerial sits about 16 inches above the roof, so it might be a bit low.

All in all I was a bit disappointed.

Roger

I've also just purchased a new tv with freeview (Avtex W152D). Is it possible to watch freeview via my Lidl satellite dish? If not can anyone advise me of a suitable internal aerial to use? Failing that what modifications would be involved (Bessacarr E425) in order to mount a pole for an external aerial?

Thanks.

Highlander - 2007-06-04 8:39 AM

I've also just purchased a new tv with freeview (Avtex W152D). Is it possible to watch freeview via my Lidl satellite dish? If not can anyone advise me of a suitable internal aerial to use? Failing that what modifications would be involved (Bessacarr E425) in order to mount a pole for an external aerial?

Thanks.

Firstly, no.

I've never come across a good interior DTT aerial.

Your best bet is to get fitted a 'through the roof' directional aerial with a booster. You will then be able to adjust it internally whilst looking at the signal strength indicator on the TV.

Archived