French Aires Guide in English

Don Madge

The authors of Go Motorhoming Europe have compiled a guide in English to the French Aires, the guide contains information on about 1000 aires.

The guide should be available late June early July.

The guide will be available online at http://www.vicarious-shop.co.uk./index.php and it's hoped to have it on sale at the Lincoln show.

I spent the weekend at the Newbury show chatting to the authors (Chris & Meli) and helping out on the Vicarious book stall.

I will keep you updated on the progress of the book.

Don

Hi Jackie,

I'll get a freebie as I have to do a write up on it. I've been promised the first one off the press.

I think the guide is long over due and we should be very busy at Lincoln and York selling it, says I, hopefully.

The authors are a smashing young couple who have put a great deal of time and effort in researching and compiling the book.

If your coming through Cave you can have a sneak preview. 8-)

Don

Hi Don, will be visiting Phillip in Cave next week, thanks for that.

Won't be at Lincoln but will there at York this time - ferry gets in 2 days before the start from our september break - we need a new skillet pan [for the home not the van].

B-)

• 1 month later...

Don,

I just tried to order it on line do I have to be a memeber only I dont understand what the entre promotional discount code means.

i'm not going to the show and I would like one do you think its ok to phone or again do I have to be a member ... thanks

michele - 2007-06-18 9:26 PM

Don,

I just tried to order it on line do I have to be a memeber only I dont understand what the entre promotional discount code means.

i'm not going to the show and I would like one do you think its ok to phone or again do I have to be a member ... thanks

Michele,

I don't know what the promtional discount code is either. I'll find out in the morning.

You can order it over the phone if you like.

Don

You don't actually have to do anything with the promotional code bit - just ignore it.  I guess that's just for some people who may be given a promotional code.  It works perfectly well without entering anything at all.

Having said that, I've just tried to order it and have been told by PayPal that the web site is currently down.

michele - 2007-06-18 9:26 PM

Don,

Michele or anybody else,

If you enter "gomo" in the promotional code box you will get a 5% discount.

This offer is in the latest edition of Go Motorhoming Europe.

Regards

Don

Just ordered it, and its my birthday too :-)

Not going for six weeks so armed with sat nav, map and French Aire guide should all be plain sailing with no directional discussions/disputes with my other arf *-)

Cheers for the info, Don

Hi,

what's the difference in the english version, on the website it only says it has 1100 sites, whereas the french version has 6500 sites, and the english version is £3 dearer.

I have the french version, it has an english guide at the beginning, and is fairly easy to understand.

Mike

It has pictures!

It has instructions and gps co-ordinates. (Which I haven't got a clue how to use yet)

Hopefully it is clearer than the french and people have actually been there and reported on the site so it can only get better if we contribute to the next book too.

The number of times we have tried to find an aire only to give up as directions in French were too vague. I have ordered this and have an open mind. Will report back.

Chris

Carebear.........hope you take the plunge and try an aire this year! Reccommend Villerest as it is really quite and out in the country with a small village next to it. Ideal and safe.

Archived