Swift Group/Brownhills

Fourwheels

cec - 2007-08-10 1:06 PMWhen i had a Rollerteam i still got positive back up after the motorhome was 4 years old!!!

B-) I had a similar experience with my Newmar that I bought second-hand in the USA. It only had one set of keys. Most I could get cut here. But the main door had Trimark keys and I could not (at the time) source them from anywhere in the UK. I emailed Trimark and they shipped me 2 sets completely FREE. Now THAT is service. ;-)

Fourwheels - 2007-08-10 12:20 PM

Update:

>>>>. Next morning put the water heater on again and five minutes later the control panel froze. There was no water no loo, no way of turning the control panel off.

>>>>

This does remind me of an incident we had a few years ago with a 2004 Bessacar, that may or may not be be related. I only managed to rest the control panel by disconnecting and reconnecting both the leisure and vehicle batteries (in that order). We were on our way to Dover to catch a ferry at the time, so it was a bit panicky - happened a few more times whilst we were away and before I could get it back to Brownhills - they were pretty good that time - fixing it by replacing the charger and the control panel and anything else that the engineer could think of that might be at fault.

BTW, when I was a Brownhills (Newark) customer, I always found I got got good service if I could get to talk to the guy that was doing the work - communicating via the reception girls was pretty hopeless.

Cheers

I thought it was just me, but have you seen all the correspondence on THE other site about Swift and 630 models.

It is obvious that there are not just a few dissatisfied customers but tens if not more. How can any company let this continue and ruin their reputations is beyond me, and why don't the motorhome magazines do an investigation into the way we are treated. They take our money every month, how about supporting their customers and name and shame the manufacturers that don't care and still insist on making shoddy goods.

A good idea but I would think that the manufacturers would then withdraw adverts and the like so not in the interests of the magazines..th only way is to voice concerns via forums so that others would not fall into the same trap.

But as has been stated before..you can get friday vans from every maker

Like I've said before. British made van = Rubbish build quality. German or French van = at least some effort on Quality Control.

Guest JudgeMental
Fourwheels - 2007-08-17 2:49 PM

Has anyone ever e-mailed Brownhills and got a reply????

i discussed what I wanted over the phone with them and emailed spec for a quote and never heard from them again - thats why i bought from a Belgian dealer plus a saving of over 10K

Hi fourwheels

Where you on Broomfield Farm and the person I spoke to a few weeks ago as I was walking my dogs? If so, please let me know how you got on, as since our swift went back to the factory in May we now have other faults. They re-open tomorrow and I shall be on the phone trying to get they to sort the next round of faults out.

Ray

Archived