Fiamma products

michele

Sorry can not quite remember the name of it ..

I would like to know if anyone has one of them Fiamma tent things that fit to your awning . With the sides and the clear plastic fronts we looked at them at the weekend I nearly parted with the cash but did not rightly know the size of our awning. the only thing that worries us is how do they perform in the wind and weather ?. anyone any experience they would like to share . Its alot of money to have it ripped or the awning damaged by the wind.

we have a safari room tent but have only used it once would much prefer the idea of using the Fiamma to sit in.

We have a Fiamma Safari room attached to aour Fiamma awning and its superb. We also invested in a clip and fix system from fiamma which connects the side awnings to the roof awning. The front is threaded to the front bracket of the awning and when the whole piece is tigntened into place its as secure as any chalet tent. We've been camping in all weathers for nearly ten years and have only recently moved into motorhomes but the safari room is well worth it with the clip system.

Bazil,

Thank you terrible I am all in a jumble.

tebanks

I think you have sold it to us really fancy sitting out and having some light

in the darker days . I am not put off by the putting up & down as usually we are well stocked so shouldn't be a problem . Was just a little worried re the damage in the winds and rain.

Thanks guys

We bought the skirt from the Newark show or Lincoln trust me to forget anyway it's brilliant and if you have Dogs it stop them getting out .

Brilliant stuff saw it again last week at Newbury .

Thanks for that I think we will be investing in a room for all the BBQ's when it rains or just to sit out and have more space . ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

As a complete 'greenie', on buying my first motorhome in March I told the salesman I would like a full awning. Obviously the extra space would be invaluable ie a dining area, lounge area etc. The salesman shouted to his lackey, "Order the Fiamma Zip 45" and told me that this was the ideal awning. The van was taken out on it's first trip and the awning duly erected as per instructions. Dead easy to erect I thought. Well on standing back to view my handiwork, horror upon horror, the left hand support pole came vertically around midway of the van door and the right hand pole midway down the lounge window. So back to the dealer I went who realised that they'd fitted the 3 and a half metre version instead of the 4 and a half metre. The correct version was fitted and on the next trip it was erected, again with ease. Still a problem with the van door but with a bit of careful manoeuvering I could slide my bulky frame in and out. No problem for SWMBO of course! The problem this time was, because the left hand side of the awning was still too close to the door, too much pressure was being put on it and the zip broke when I took it down. Despite this, the awning itself is really nice. An amazing amount of extra space is there, I'm talking about something like 4x2 metres or more. I've been back to the dealer and asked them to move the canopy box about 4 inches to the left as I thought this might do the trick. The technicians felt that this couldn't be done as it would have to cross the beading that goes between the cab and the van. On speaking to the MD of the dealership, he said that this would be no problem and that the technicians were scared of doing this type of work. Am I right in having this apparent demarcation line crossed? Can anyone help?

If anyone is thinking about this type of awning I can only say that it is really good. The manufacturers do not guarantee it's performance in wind or rain however, I bought a pair of webbing guys which I used over the last bank holiday and the awning didn't move. As for the skirt, well you would need to have studs put on to the side of the van. I don't fancy this idea. So, when I get my van back with the awning fitted in the right place, I will consider getting some of these wind-breakers you see on the beach, but possibly not so high. The idea then is to have it go from the left hand side of the awning, all the way around the van to the right hand side. Sounds silly? Well I thought that this way I could still store stuff under the van, like the waste water thingy and spare stuff that wasn't in immediate use. They would be easy to get to and there would be no draughts coming under the van. Can anyone give me any better ideas please?

I suppose I should have looked at sites like this one before buying my van and awning. Perhaps I would have then heard about 'free standing' awnings. This may have been the better option I suppose, but heigh-ho, you make your bed etc.................

My last points on the Fiamma awning are, yes, they are really good. OK, the manufacturers don't want to commit on windproofing or rainproofing but I assume you can get some sort of fabric seal which will sort out the problem.

Hi,

Thanks for all of the information, we have being looking at having a Awning together with the safari room and checked both the Fiamma and the Omnistor units at the Stratford show and it seemed to us that the Omnistor room felt slightly more robust than the Fiamma albeit the price was quiet a lot higher.

However from our recent trip to Spain and looking at what other people have been using for extended holidays we really didn't think either of them would be up to extended use in possibly really bad weather conditions, so we have decided to have a Fiamma Awning fitted for use for short periods of both sun and light rain while we are touring and purchase a stand-alone awning for when we decide to stay for extended periods ??

hope this helps

Brian

michele - 2007-05-14 3:25 PM

Sorry can not quite remember the name of it ..

I would like to know if anyone has one of them Fiamma tent things that fit to your awning . With the sides and the clear plastic fronts we looked at them at the weekend I nearly parted with the cash but did not rightly know the size of our awning. the only thing that worries us is how do they perform in the wind and weather ?. anyone any experience they would like to share . Its alot of money to have it ripped or the awning damaged by the wind.

we have a safari room tent but have only used it once would much prefer the idea of using the Fiamma to sit in.

Hi Michele

Don't know yje size of your Awning but see the Buy & Sell on this site

Fiamma Privacy room.: Fiamma 45i, 4 metre large clip system privacy room. Only used twice, good as new. bargain at £300.

It may suit what you are looking for.

Flicka

Archived