Dimension payload - WHAT?

Tony Jones

Romahome Dimension is one of the candidates for our next van, but I'm a bit (!) confused about the payload. The "checklist" on p.126 of the May WhichMC ("manufacturers figures") shows the Dimension payload as only 250kg, while all the other vans in the same class range between 446 and 900kg - including many based on Sevel "sister" vans.

Then I go to http://www.romahome.com/specs.html and find a figure of 439kg (admittedly looks like last year's model - but that's probably what we'd be interested in & I can't imagine there'd be SUCH a big change for the worse).

Is there a misprint in "Which," or is the Dimension's figure there more "honest" (ie with more essentials deducted from MAM), or is it really so intrinsically heavy compared to all the others (despite its moulded GRP interior)?

Can anyone tell me?

Tony

Tony.

I suggest dropping a line to Romahome asking them what the total payload is, what the individual axle payloads are, and what habitation items have been allowed for in their figures. You can work the rest out from there prior to weighing a demonstrator if you want to go ahead.

Ron

Thanks Sylvia, I put a similar query on their forum, not expecting very much very soon as it's not as big or busy as this one, but one of their people has already replied!

Looks as if the figure in WMC must be wrong, as it seems the one in the actual vehicle handbook, which allows for everything you could reasonably ask, is 439kg!

Thanks again

Tony

Tony

What's the MAM, 3,300Kg?  If so, the basic conversion seems rather heavy.  You should get comfortably more than 440Kg out of your MAM.  Most of the other panel van converters seem to be claiming around the 600Kg mark.  I could understand 440Kg if the MAM is limited to 2,700Kg.  If that is the case, can you up-spec the base van, or find one already on the heavier, 3,300Kg, chassis?  If so, I think it would be worthwhile considering this for the longer run.

Brian,

The MAM is 3000kg.

My Timberland had a published payload of 600 kg but when I put it on the weigh scale it turned out to be 470kg.

Timberland did not want to know and even suggested the Humber bridge scale was faulty. That all happened 4 years ago. The published payload is now 500kg a bit nearer the mark.

Don

Archived