Scooter insurance Extended use in Europe

Rafa

Scooter insurance Extended use in Europe  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Many Motorhomers take Scooters to Spain for use in the winter,does anyone know of a insurance giving more than 90 days Europeon use.

To date all quotes state that cover commences on the day of departure from UK.

Ralph, You can get at least six months foreign use cover through the Camping and Caravan Club's insurance scheme.

I am not quite with on your comment as to when when the cover starts as obviously the foreign use part would start from date of departure.

Ron

Ron B

Many thanks,Contacted C & CC and insured today.Ironically its the same insurance company who last week advised me that they only offer 90 days Europeon cover.Its a special policy for club members.

Regarding commencement of the cover date,I usually leave for Spain in Sept but I dont use the scooter until I go off on a trip in the New Year,With only 90 days cover starting on the day I depart UK (Sept)it would mean I would have no Europeon cover by New Year.With the 180 day cover its now no problem.

I've just rung C&CC 0800 0284809 and got a guy from Devitt's insurance - part of Churchill /RBS

Offered cover for my 125 Honda with NIG but only up to 90 days away.

Is this what you were offered or is there another part of the Caravan Club I should try?

Novice that I am, I failed to recognise that the C&CC is not the Caravan Club!

So to save others falling into a similar trap, bike insurance through: -

1) the caravan club insurance is handled by Devitt's (direct 0800 032 0590). The max stay away in EU is 90 days. Insurers are NIG

2) the camping and caravaning club 01784 48 46 24 is handled in house. Max stay away in EU is 180 days.

3) E bike insurance is online only. www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk

The phone number 0870 753 1124 connects to the website help desk and does not provide quotes. Max stay away is 365 days

As a comparison of costs on a Honda 125 fully comp:

The caravan club: £113

The camping and caravaning club: £124

E bike insurance: £121

The best price I could get anywhere else was £98 with Zenith through Bennet's, - but max 45 days away.

• 1 year later...

Double check your renewal documents for extended use in Europe,The Camping and Caravanning Club have recently changed to new insurance

providers,offering only 60 days foreign use.It has taken numberous telephone calls from overseas and UK,together with a time period of 6 weeks to get extended Europeon Use extended restored and improved.

Archived