New FIAT UK/European free breakdown service.

webbocj

Is it up and running, has anyone used it yet? I heard they were still undecided wether it would be AA or RAC, possibly a third company, don't want to duplicate it on my new insurance(and pay) but not left high and dry either. A German model with NO oven and running a tad late on delivery

Don't know about Fiat, but Renault have had 3 years' free breakdown pan-Europe for at least 3 years.

HOWEVER, before you change your insurance, remember this is BREAKDOWN cover only. It won't help you if you have a puncture, need recovery after an accident, run out of fuel, and so on. And most of them are not free if your problem is caused by normal wear and tear, rather than a mechanical breakdown.

As ever, read the small print . . .

Mel E

====

Mel E - 2007-05-18 2:33 PM

Don't know about Fiat, but Renault have had 3 years' free breakdown pan-Europe for at least 3 years.

HOWEVER, before you change your insurance, remember this is BREAKDOWN cover only. It won't help you if you have a puncture, need recovery after an accident, run out of fuel, and so on. And most of them are not free if your problem is caused by normal wear and tear, rather than a mechanical breakdown.

As ever, read the small print . . .

=

Having just scanned p35 of April MMM, it does say Fiat Breakdown includes ..'flat tyes, low fuel....' and 'tow in after...accident....'. Surely this implies that if you have a flat tyre, the wheel will be changed (if you've got one!) and if you have 'low fuel' they will put some more in?

I did speak to my own insurers when getting a quote for the new Fiat based motorhome due any day now, and they, of course, suggested that I should continue with the pan-Eurpoean Breakdown cover through them, but I shall read with interest the FIAT assistance booklet when the motorhome arrives.

Archived