Tom Tom maps

DonB

On the Tomtom map 'UK & Ireland plus Major Roads of Western Europe' version 675.1409, Alderbury is shown in full with all streets, numbers and postcodes.

Likewise on the 'Western Europe' version 675.1409 which fits on the1gb card.

Just looked at the "AA mapping" for an app access to the site No 217 (which can be printed so you can take it with you)

The CC book says Craigie Gardens, the AA map says Craigie Way. The satelite navigator say Craigie Avenue

Take your pick !

There should be no problem if you follow the AA map. They dont show POi's but I assume there must be some directions when your on the doorstep

JK

John Keats - 2007-05-21 4:57 PM

Just looked at the "AA mapping" for an app access to the site No 217 (which can be printed so you can take it with you)

The CC book says Craigie Gardens, the AA map says Craigie Way. The satelite navigator say Craigie Avenue

Take your pick !

There should be no problem if you follow the AA map. They dont show POi's but I assume there must be some directions when your on the doorstep

JK

The address on the CC website is Craigie Road. although the directions tell you to turn left into Craigie Gardens. Craigie Gardens is the name of the campsite and as a road doesn't exist on any map I've looked at.

However if you follow the directions on the CC website you end up where the Tomtom POI is, in a cul-de-sac off of Craigie Road.

CapScr0003.JPG.7e617df42e7bb93babd0f664c11a1a29.JPG

DonB - 2007-05-19 12:45 PM

We bought the long awaited Tom Tom maps for GB and Europe and have found them very disappointing. So much has been removed in the way of minor roads and street names, it is often impossible to get to a destination exactly. Tom Tom will announce that a destination is reached when you have simply reached the edge of a large postcode area. Or you can be leaving a place that is not on a major road and you have to guess which way to turn. Is anyone else having the same problems or have I done something wrong?

It appears were not on our own Don. Have you ever seen yourself on TT driving accross fields? when a road has been open nearly 2 years?

maggyd - 2007-05-21 11:29 PM

Have you ever seen yourself on TT driving accross fields? when a road has been open nearly 2 years?

Sometimes. At Christmas Tomtom kept trying to put me on the new A23 motorway between Sagunto and Teruel (Spain). The road is on Tomtom but it's not open yet.

Right, well, I've been playing with Tom Tom for hours and fried quite a few brain cells. We are not experts in this house! As Nobby said it seemed very unlikely that a Western Europe map would be on sale with so little detail. The result is that I found that the new WE map had not installed correctly or had been accidently wiped. We were running on the only map in there, the Poland and Hungary etc with main roads of WE. I have now re-installed the Western Europe map. I'm still not sure of the version number but I'm sure it is the new one. The minor road we live on has reappeared! Have run a few tests and I think I have sorted it, but the next journey will confirm. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Archived