Knaus Van TI

webbocj

Saw one at Peterborough Show - thought that one day this may be the (downsized) replacement for our Sun Ti but found it very disappointing.

Practical Motorhome (sorry MMM) are just about to get one on long term test so it will be interesting to see what it is like in use.

David

No, but the Knaus website www.knaus.de has lots of pics and info - text is all in German but you can get the jist. Like the previous post I would be having a very good look at it if I was downsizing from my Knaus Sport TI 650 MG but at the moment there seems to be too many compromises inside it for us.

If you are prepared to go to Nottingham, I recommend you talk to Diana Macey at Lowdhams on 01159 663 838 extension 539 to see if she has a demonstrator yet. When I went to choose my van she was happy to let me spend the whole day playing with their TI demonstrator, there was no hassle or pressure, a decent length test drive, helpful advice and straight answers when I needed them and endless refills of (free) tea and coffee.

Bob

There's a brief review in the May "Le Monde du Camping-Car".  Summarising, they liked is compact dimensions, ease of driving, quality of finishes, comfortable bed and well equipped "garage".  They didn't like the access to the gas locker (via the garage and awkward), the small fridge 75 litres (93 litres available with the extra cost Home Line pack), and the price.  The judgement overall was that it was a bit short of storage space, but had a useful garage, and was expensive compared to the similar sized competing vans from Dethleffs (Globebus - Fiat, Globevan - Ford), Hymer (Van - Ford), and Hobby (Van - Ford).

Archived