Chateauneuf du Pape

vicwo

I am looking for somewhere to overnight within walking distance of Chateauneuf du Pape. The Camping de l' Islon Saint Luc we used last year looks as though its closed for good from what I saw recently. There is a car park in the village but prefer a friendly farmer or an aire. My partner has a small electric scooter she uses for her disability so the closer the better.

Thanks for reading this. Vic

Guest JudgeMental

attached link to new site I have just discovered

http://www.airecampingcar.com/aire_camping_car_gps.php/1000

not sure if definitive list of Aires as I have not checked book. but looks like none quite near enough for you to stay and walk from, perhaps you can find somewhere to park up near where you want to visit then go to an Aire for the night later....

You may be a bit swift writing the site off.  It is still in the Vaucluse list of campsites, and aires, for 2007, and if you follow the link below, it claims it will be open till October, even December 2007.  May be worth sending a e-mail, to see if they're awake yet?

Thank you Judge I take onboard your comments.

Brian I drove down there in my Smart car 2 weeks ago for a short visit

( thats another story ) and the site does look deceased. We have stayed there 2 or 3 times and even when open it was rough to say the least. The toilet block was never going to hit 5 stars but it was only about a mile or so through the vineyards to the village. Anyway leaving Yorkshire tomorrow night for a 0123hrs tunnel so should lose any english traffic jams. Will let you know if I find a parking space on my return. Thanks .Vic

vicwo - 2007-05-21 9:42 PM Thank you Judge I take onboard your comments. Brian I drove down there in my Smart car 2 weeks ago for a short visit ( thats another story ) and the site does look deceased. We have stayed there 2 or 3 times and even when open it was rough to say the least. The toilet block was never going to hit 5 stars but it was only about a mile or so through the vineyards to the village. Anyway leaving Yorkshire tomorrow night for a 0123hrs tunnel so should lose any english traffic jams. Will let you know if I find a parking space on my return. Thanks .Vic

Thanks Vic.

One to avoid, then.  Shame to see them go.

Archived