Sky Q going a little crazy in the van

Adiebt

Sky Q LNB , usually all good but this trip it’s developed a fault whereby it plays perfectly for say 5 minutes and then small Picture in Picture boxes appear on screen then the box shuts down . 
restart and the whole cycle starts again ! 
it’s does  the pic in pic trick with restart with or without remote control input . 
just got home and set up the TV and box ( different TV ) and all is well and working perfectly. 
Has Sky sussed out the box is not at home and “ punished “ me ? Cheers . 

• 1 month later...

I may of found the problem and the solution , it appears that the cause of my problem could be that the SkyQ box is set at a resolution for my 4K telly at home so is “searching” for a tv with that resolution  , my TV in the van is not 4K so the box fails in its search and shuts down.

The solution is to set the SkyQ box to a low resolution and by trial and error it should be happy with my lower resolution telly in the van .

i can try this in the van whilst it stays overnight at home prior to our next jaunt ( van is kept in storage ) to Chirk at Easter .

i realise that nobody replied to my original query but i thought id post this just in case anyone else has the same problem in the future , ill let you all know the outcome of my attempted solution .

9 minutes ago, Jez_1966 said:

Sky Q! Enjoy where you are, removed TV from our van. Laptop/phone for important comms or rainy day but otherwise explore.

Big big cricket fan so like to watch the games wether I’m home or away , HOWEVER , we don’t take the TVs abroad at all .

Each to their own . 

Archived