Replacement Blinds for Rapido A class

conaught

Hi Guys,

calling all Rapido A Class owners, I need to replace the pleated blinds in our cab as they are a good few years old and have worn through the holes at the top through which the guide bar passes. Easy Peasy I thought just contact the dealer and request spares....it would seem however that UK dealers are just not interested.... non bothered to get back to me and Rapido France only supply full sets with fittings at an exhorbitant cost, over £1200 for the set!! have any of you managed to replace them and if so how did you do it...I can't be the only one who needs to.

Hi Tony,

yes tried them at a recent show and by phone, no response despite fervent promises to make enquiries and get back to me. I've contacted all the Uk dealerships, and actually visited the ones within striking distance here in Kent., They just don't seem to be interested, too busy selling new ones I suppose. thanks for the thought.

Have you been able to identify whose blinds thay are?  At a guess, probably the same make as the window/rooflight cassettes.  In which case, probably Remis or Seitz.  If you can identify which, try contacting the UK end of either, or e-mailing the German HQ, to see if they can help. 

However, as the van is an A class, so not that many made and probably with a bodyshell that had a fairly short production run, with a windscreen sourced from a bus/truck, I'd suspect the blinds are a bit of a one off, and probably made to order - hence the price. 

The side screen blinds must be the same age as the windscreen, so maybe replacing the full set will be the most economical option, even at that price!

• 10 years later...

We were faced with this same problem on the driver's door blind and felt that £936.00 was rather excessive for one small blind. My enterprising husband removed the blind. Used a band saw to trim off the top damaged section

Turned the blind over and drilled through new holes in what in effect the bottom of the blind, and refitted it where the bottom is now the top. Cost zero. Still fits perfectly for privacy and blackout.

Archived