Is there anyone who uses these people

fjmike

As some may have guessed I'm in the process of selling my motorhome. This morning had a call from a "finder"who told me of the huge number of people he had lined up with finance in place ready to buy my motorhome and he would send them round if I registered with him for £69.00. Now I may be a lot of things but a mug I 'aint, so I said if he cared to send them round I would gladly pay him his money if they purchased my motorhome(which I would). He then went into how they used to do this but were ripped off by Joe Public and he represented a large company (never mentioned any names). After a little while he realised that I wasn't going to fall for this one and hung up.Later this got me wondering as the title of this thread says Is there anyone who use the services of these "finders"?????

Guest JudgeMental

If you advertise using sites like "autotrader" you will be inundated with calls from these types of tricksters.......

Don't get me wrong Judge I was half expecting callls of this nature its just that I wondered if there was a slim chance that one of these "finders" might actually have some clients. Even so I still wouldn't pay them £69.00 up font

The most annoying thing about this cold calling is when the phone rings and they ask if the van is for sale, it raises your hopes that you may have a customer, only to then find that its a call from these "tin hats" 8o|

fjmike

"Honest John" the Daily Telegraph's motoring correspondent regularly warns readers NEVER to pay any money to people who call offering such services. He reckons they are all rip-off merchants. The local broker I use to buy my cars says the same thing.

Suggest you see www.honestjohn.co.uk especially the "How To Buy and Sell Cars" and FAQ bits. There's an email query facility too.

Bob

fjmike

An after thought, a suggestion that has worked for me - if the callers are a pain put "No canvassers" in the ad and register on line with the TPS (Telephone Preference Service") to not get telemarketing calls - takes a while to take effect officially, but in the meantime just say sharply "Why are you committing a criminal offence by calling me when I am registered with the TPS? What's your name and the name of your company?" I find the line goes dead and they don't ring back.

Bob

Mike

You should have made the bed properly before you took the pics - looks as if you've (both??) just rolled out of it! Or is that actually a clever psychological selling point, along the same lines as the car manufacturers who use models in bikinis?

Tony

Archived