where is episode 1 of don madge's winter trip/ info on conil etc

berti

hi all

i have done a search by author but i can only find episode 2 .... the portugal/return bit

can anyone help me to locate this article

i am looking for some info on camping ( wild or sites ) in areas in or around

costa de la luz

cadiz

jerez

conil

malaga

thanks

Hi Berti,

We have travelled the Costa del la Luz area extensively over the years - though mostly in the winter months. Remember that this is an area where the Spanish holiday and there are far fewer Germans and Brits than you would find east of Gibraltar, around the Malaga/ Costa del Sol area.

Most of the camp sites along the Costa de la Luz have a significant percentage of statics. Much as I love the Spanish, they are VERY noisy on camp sites, often 'til 1 or 2 in the morning. They eat late and party late. It's not a problem during the winter months, but once you're past Easter, the locals are there. Be prepared, therefore, to adjust your sleeping times to fit in with the locals!

Having said that, the area is beautiful, with fabulous beaches, beautiful white hill towns from the old 13th century frontier with arab Spain (towns called xxx de la Frontera), the Jerez area and the Donana national park. And, as its name (Coast of Light) implies, the light is just amazing.

Mel E

====

Berti

There is a very good and well run site at Conil de la Frontera called 'La Rosaleda' which is also handy for Cadiz.

Those on the Costa del Sol to the west of Malaga (around Marbella are a very poor lot. If you must then 'Marbella Playa' is the 'pick'.

Ron

RonB - 2007-05-23 6:42 PM

Berti

There is a very good and well run site at Conil de la Frontera called 'La Rosaleda' which is also handy for Cadiz.

Those on the Costa del Sol to the west of Malaga (around Marbella are a very poor lot. If you must then 'Marbella Playa' is the 'pick'.

Ron

I can confirm the site is very good, we spent a month there earlier this year and have booked a bungalow there for three months next January.

Don

Archived