Tow Bar( fitting)

afandy

Have you tried G.T. Towing in Pottrers Bar Telephone 01707-652118 they may be able to help you. I Had a tow bar fitted by P.W.S. of Poole in Dorset but it might be to far for you. Hope you are successful.

Grumpyman -Barnet Herts.

Guest peter
How much over hang does it have? I got away with fitting a standard Ducato bar on my Rapido 710. I had an extension of about 200mm made for me and the whole lot came to about £100. Mind you I fitted it myself as it's piece of cake.

...Been quoted £750 that seems about the price as it has to be made nothing of the shelf is made for this...Overhang is about 4 feet ..Have spoke to most suppliers...but they are so busy...New to Motorhome ownership so didnt realise its a busy time for them..Need a proper job done to tow a 4 wheel Tow a Van 14cwt trailer to take 2 Scoots in (Lambrettas to be precise) ;-)

We had a similar overhang behind the chassis but Newark Vehicle Bodies were given the chassis to extend BEFORE the MH body went on. After that it was a doddle.

With afterfit extensions you need to be very carefull about rear end ground clearance when going over ramps

paul2 - 2007-05-25 7:34 PM

Have you tried www.towtal.co.uk they were about £450 two years ago.

Now lets get more precise Lambretta what? (if you say TV175 or SX200 i will probably go green!)

Paul ( LI 150 )

...Got 5 in all...Sad bugger eh :D GP 200..SX 200.. GP 150..and 2 Vega's..not a mid life crisis before you ask had one of them 36 years and the Sx 28 years will give Total a go cheers people...

Archived