where you going at the weekend

KD

We are off to an international camping-car rally in Clermont Ferrand and so we hope the weather is better than last week-end near Saumur where we had to be towed off the mud to "dry land" on Sunday afternoon (yes, it's a Fiat-based unit).

John

;-)

dave - 2007-05-22 9:49 PM

best keep clear of oxfordshire then, with all those caravans blocking the road.

dave

Oh dear! We'll be in Oxfordshire, but our travel plans probably won't bring us into too much conflict with the CC (sorry Frank, wrong word :-D :-D).

After "work" on Sunday we're going to Witney, for my sister's housewarming/birthday bash. Then we're staying on her drive for a few nights, in between which we'll enjoy some of the surrounding countryside and visit some MH dealers & converters - still doing our research for the big swap this year! Coming home Wednesday.

Tony & Liz

Guest JudgeMental

Oft to Brittany Friday night for a week. driving down a bit overnight

stopping at an Aire. have been painstakingly transposing Aires from that site I found over into Garmin mapsource as way points and then downloading to my antiquated GPS... a real pain!

will have to buy something else before summer trip.

first stop is mont st Michael, then heading for Perros guirec on north coast

then Honeflur on way back and then shopping at Calais.

first proper trip in new van,,,,

Nowhere :-( . Catering Manager is working all weekend and I have jobs booked in for Saturday and a small one on Monday. Then on Monday I get to rebuild the engine (cambelt broke) for wifey one's old Fiat Brava so that number 1 son can have it for his 21st Birthday later next month. Aahh Joy!

weather permitting I might try to do a bit of gardening (Tommy Walsh style) on sunday, got some old slabs to lift and some posh gravel to put down in their place.

D.

Its the week of the Centenary Celebrations for the Scout Movement this weekend, so there's thousands of Scouts and Cub Scouts camping all over the country so watch out for them.

I'm off just down the road to our local Scout campsite (about a mile away in Gomersal West Yorks)) where there'll be around 200 youngsters camping for 3 nights. I'm taking 15 scouts and 5 Cub Scouts from our Group together with 3 other leaders. AND no luxury van this weekend, its tents but at least the leaders have "modern" tents whilst the youngsters still have the traditional scout tents. Wood fires this time for cooking as well, beans and sausages etc but with a smokey taste

Yes know I'm mad but once you've got dragged in to help its very difficult to escape, and I've been trying for years! (Very trying says wife)

Can't wait for Monday when I should get a reasonable night's sleep (at home). Wife will still be away with 25 guides near Wakefield and guess who has to go and help them pack up on Wed and drive the van!

At least we'll have the rest of the week to recuperate

We're off to Braithwaite with the Cumbria CC Friday till Monday, then the following Friday down to Dover for a Saturday ferry to France (for 4 weeks). Don't know wether to turn left or right coming out of Calais. But I think we are beginning to favour the Vendee and further south on the Atlantic coast.

regards

Allen

Guest JudgeMental
alan k - 2007-05-23 5:05 PM

Its the week of the Centenary Celebrations for the Scout Movement this weekend,

AH, happy days!

Cooking curly bread on sticks and a full roast beef dinner in a tin buried in the ground..

camping at Easter with very poor equipment surviving through the night in sub zero temps with 6 inches of snow on the ground.

memorable times, all children should have the chance to enjoy...

Wints ,

The Vendee head for the sun ;-) be suprised if you were sorry had a wonderful week there last year blazing sun for the week they say sun like the south

Alan K

Brilliant the Boy scouts happy memories Girl Guides that is brilliant fun had by all midnight walks with a lamp light singing Ging Gang Goolie Goolie watcha ging gang go Ohhhhhhhh memories :D

Tony Jones - 2007-05-23 8:37 AM

dave - 2007-05-22 9:49 PM

best keep clear of oxfordshire then, with all those caravans blocking the road.

dave

Oh dear! We'll be in Oxfordshire, but our travel plans probably won't bring us into too much conflict with the CC (sorry Frank, wrong word :-D :-D).

After "work" on Sunday we're going to Witney, for my sister's housewarming/birthday bash. Then we're staying on her drive for a few nights, in between which we'll enjoy some of the surrounding countryside and visit some MH dealers & converters - still doing our research for the big swap this year! Coming home Wednesday.

Tony & Liz

Following the original post about the "sunny B/H weekend," I thought you might like to see the e-m my sister sent me tonight:

"According www.metcheck.co.uk (weather website) it's going to by -2 and light

sleet over night Sun - Mon. Is your van heated? If not, you might want to

come prepared with an inflatable bed to camp out on the living room floor.

I don't want you to think you have to freeze to death outside!"

:'( :'(

Old "Hannibal" ISN'T heated (except by one of those little green portable things with a clip-in "sungas" cylinder) so we might well fling an airbed in the locker just in case!

How does this affect anyone else's plans? (apart from all you scouts & guides, of course, who are ready for anything!)

Tony

Guest peter
Going up the river from Boston on my boat. Can't be doing with all that traffic. The only driving you can do these days with a pint of beer in one hand and the wheel in the other without Mr Plod taking down your particulars. :D

Archived