Satalite (Again!!)

Pentland

I have a 12v TV/DVD with a tesco Bush freeview box and run that off the push up aireal that i purchased through the dealer and had it fitted, the one where you can turn it about in the wardrobe has the little booster box thing on it. (you know the one) (lol)

Well its pants! Can pick up loads when i search but trying to watch match of the day etc jumps and sticks looses signal the lot.

I have been thinking of this Oyster self search thing but been told its mega bucks so looking for a different idea.

I am also lead to believe that i can use my sky digtal box from my front room???? Or buy one on Fleabay 2nd hand for around £60.

I have seen those stand alone sat dishes in my camp shop for £100 how do they work? how do you point it in the right direction? does it keep losing coverage? can i get sky sports?

Lots of questions i know but after spending £130 on the roof mount antenna plus fitting bit disapointed, (plus fitting)!

Help cheap easy fix, for great TV while touring around UK, normally race tracks which are rather remote, and not many trees either!

Going away Friday morning for long break would love to sort it today! *-)

Thanks in advance anyone who replys quickly.

Keith

Pentland - 2007-05-24 8:18 AM

I have a 12v TV/DVD with a tesco Bush freeview box and run that off the push up aireal that i purchased through the dealer and had it fitted, the one where you can turn it about in the wardrobe has the little booster box thing on it. (you know the one) (lol)

Well its pants! Can pick up loads when i search but trying to watch match of the day etc jumps and sticks looses signal the lot.

I have been thinking of this Oyster self search thing but been told its mega bucks so looking for a different idea.

I am also lead to believe that i can use my sky digtal box from my front room???? Or buy one on Fleabay 2nd hand for around £60.

I have seen those stand alone sat dishes in my camp shop for £100 how do they work? how do you point it in the right direction? does it keep losing coverage? can i get sky sports?

Lots of questions i know but after spending £130 on the roof mount antenna plus fitting bit disapointed, (plus fitting)!

Help cheap easy fix, for great TV while touring around UK, normally race tracks which are rather remote, and not many trees either!

Going away Friday morning for long break would love to sort it today! *-)

Thanks in advance anyone who replys quickly.

Keith

There's been load on here recently about this subject. Do a search, make sure you change time limit to 'all posts' and make sure you spell 'satellite' correctly!!

Also, try http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/

Hi Pentland

Just back from France and used my sky box from home for the last 2 weeks no problem.I have got the push up aerial also and have got a 60cm folding arm dish attached ,all you need is a compass and point to the sat you want and lock the dish in that possition,when you get used to it you will lock on to the sat. in less than 5 min

limerick

Yes went to Hants & Dorset yesterday they had quite a few in stock but they new nothing about them?

They have Maxxis coming to town next week for one day doing a road show so he suggested i pop in and speak to them direct bringing my motorhome with me they be able to do an on site road show special.

They also sell the digtal boxes brand new there for £65 so i could buy theres and take my sky card with me saves un hooking my box each time.

I'm streering towards the push up type dish that you were talking about think its around £380 ish plus fitting, so we'll see.

Off to Isle of wight with my existing set up to have one final play.

With freeview off an arial how do you know where to point it to get the best reception? at home i know where the local base is to point but in a field in the middle of know where, where do point it?????

Pentland - 2007-05-25 8:14 AM.

They also sell the digtal boxes brand new there for £65 so i could buy theres and take my sky card with me saves un hooking my box each time.

You can only use your Sky card in the designated box at your home. The Sky card is only for use in Sky digiboxes. The Sky digibox is linked to the card. What Maxview will be selling is a "Free To Air" box (not Freeview - that is terrestrial). On the FTA box you will get a lot of channels but not channels 4 or 5 as yet, as they are contracted to Sky until 2008.

In the UK go to Maplins for the same set up as the maxview and get a free to air receiver in with it for £79.99!!!

I have one of these from when Lidl did it as a special offer - it will work fine in the uk and most of northern Europe. Don't expect the small dish to pick up the BBC in Spain though.

The receiver is the great for finding satellites as the signal meter is instantaneous unlike the one in a standard Sky box.

Again though you can not use your sky card in the box so at the mo will not get Ch4 or 5 (set to change in 2008).

If you want to use a Sky receiver with it on 12v take a look for the Pace Javelin (1000). I use both boxes so that I can watch sky but have an alternative when I want to see other sat providers.

This winter in Portugal we spent more time watching Arab Sat than sky. They have good English language programming (including films) and it is all free!

Frankkia - 2007-05-25 1:53 PM

In the UK go to Maplins for the same set up as the maxview and get a free to air receiver in with it for £79.99!!!

Or you could go to Lidl and get one of these for 79€ (£54). Once again the same FTA box that Maxview sell.

http://www.lidl.es/es/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20070531.p.Mini_kit_parabolica_digital.ar12?OpenDocument&resetFilialDaten=1&id=944&zipcode=46185&city=La%20Pobla%20de%20Vallbona&city2=&street=Cl%2F%20Tu%E9jar%2C%20s%2Fn&ar=12&EMID=09500A404LKK70VSE3ANL00UHLPAI

We normally get the same offers here in Spain as the UK and at similar prices.

Archived