ISP - Tiscali Problems

Don Madge

I'm now set up like this:

I have a web address to which all emails go (e.g., fred.com) operated by Lycos. Any incoming emails are automatically forwarded to both my Tiscali address and a free Yahoo Mail accout. All outgoing emails are sent using Outlokk with 'fred.com' as the 'From' address and a blind copy to Yahoo.

Fred.com also forwards other family members' emails to them. Thus, if Fred.com goes down, someone will notice. Otherwise, I'll rapidly see if there's more in the Yahoo box than I've sent/received via Tiscali.

But there should be service that works without all the need for this messing about!!!!!

Mel E

====

I have been using TalkTalk for 8 months and never had a problem its great, far better than the 2 other ISP's I've been with in the past and I haven't received a bill over £23 yet and this includes the line rental and all calls. I may have got this wrong but from what i can remember in a recent pole BT came top because they receive very high rating for their exit/change of provider policy?? how does that work ?

Tiscali have at last told their customers about the problem. Here's their email:

=============

Email service update

A number of customers have reported that emails sent from their Tiscali email accounts have not been received.

We have identified that the issue was caused by spammers abusing our email service, and it has been our highest priority to resolve this. We believe that the service has been restored for the majority of our customers. Our engineers are continuing to carry out tests to ensure that the service is 100% restored.

If you have sent important emails in the last couple of weeks and are concerned that they may not have been received, we recommend you retrieve the relevant mails from your 'Sent Items' folder and re-send them (Tiscali webmail saves all the email you send automatically, as does other popular email software such as Outlook Express).

There have been no reported problems with incoming mail.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We'll continue to monitor email performance closely to ensure there are no further problems.

Further communication and FAQs will follow later.

Kind regards,

The Tiscali Team

==================

If that gives you any confidence at all that:

a) the problem really has been solved, and

b) that it will not recur when some naughty spammers have another go

then I would check your gullibility index!!

Mel E

====

Mel E - 2007-06-04 2:02 PM

Tiscali have at last told their customers about the problem. Here's their email:

=============

Email service update

A number of customers have reported that emails sent from their Tiscali email accounts have not been received.

We have identified that the issue was caused by spammers abusing our email service, and it has been our highest priority to resolve this. We believe that the service has been restored for the majority of our customers. Our engineers are continuing to carry out tests to ensure that the service is 100% restored.

If you have sent important emails in the last couple of weeks and are concerned that they may not have been received, we recommend you retrieve the relevant mails from your 'Sent Items' folder and re-send them (Tiscali webmail saves all the email you send automatically, as does other popular email software such as Outlook Express).

There have been no reported problems with incoming mail.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We'll continue to monitor email performance closely to ensure there are no further problems.

Further communication and FAQs will follow later.

Kind regards,

The Tiscali Team

==================

If that gives you any confidence at all that:

a) the problem really has been solved, and

b) that it will not recur when some naughty spammers have another go

then I would check your gullibility index!!

Mel E

====

Mel,

Your a bit late in posting that sunshine , I recieved that mail or something very similar last Thursday before going to Stratford, better late than never though.

Don

enodreven,

I'm pleased at least someone is OK with Talk Talk. Their service has been so bad that they've even admitted it themselves - and, I believe, received an ear-wigging from Ofcom.

I suspect that it's the same with most of these services - fine until something goes wrong, then you're led on a fine chase round a room full of the latest Indian graduates. Nothing against them personally - it's just that the whole Indian Call Centre scene seems to be set up to dump you into a vat of cold treacle from which only the most persistent ever emerge, let alone get anything done!

Mel E

====

Archived