Fly screen door

cliveandjen

I replaced all the Flyscreen mesh in the rooflight panels last winter, got a large sheet, big enough for a flyscreen door,and cut it to size and superglued it in place (one of the few jobs where 'superglue' was the best option.....always seems better at sticking skin than what you want to stick....) not as expensive as buying new flyscreens. :D

Rayjsj - 2007-05-27 11:54 PM

I replaced all the Flyscreen mesh in the rooflight panels last winter, got a large sheet, big enough for a flyscreen door,and cut it to size and superglued it in place (one of the few jobs where 'superglue' was the best option.....always seems better at sticking skin than what you want to stick....) not as expensive as buying new flyscreens. :D

good show Ray, now please tell us where you got the mterial from.

D.

I have brought flyscreen material in France. It was made by the same people as make garden meshes found in garden centres in the UK. That may be source, although I admit I have not seen the mesh in the UK. (But to be fair, I was not looking !)

Rgds

Camping and General of Canvey Island Essex stock and sell the exact replacement material off the roll, I bought some myself to replace a damaged bottom section, what was harder to get was the piping that retains the mesh in situe so try not to damage what you remove.

Their website is

http://www.campingandleisure.co.uk/catalog/index.php?osCsid=52b01dc0a8be5d7ffd25405949b6ba3b

But I am not sure where it is in the list so a phone call may be required.

Just looked to get the web address and noticed they are doing 300 watt invertors for £24.99 seems a reasonable price under Caravan accessories discontinued items.

Bas

Dave Newell - 2007-05-28 9:01 AM

Rayjsj - 2007-05-27 11:54 PM

good show Ray, now please tell us where you got the mterial from.

D.

OOOPS ! Yes, got it from a local caravan accessory shop, made by 'W4'

who seem to make a lot of 'odds n Xods' for 'vans. *-)

Archived