Oyster Vision

michele

Can anyone help us with are Oyster we seem to be havinga little trouble.

In the Vendee we put it up and no good ! we realised that a big tree was in the way so we moved . Up it went again and low and behold we only get a few channels it actually says on the screen no satelite being received.

After three days of watching the only things on offer we moved up to Hornfluer low and behold the same again only this time it did eventually cut in with all the channels but you have to wait awhile.

When first put on we get around half of the channels and then you find one you want to watch and it says no satelite if you stay looking at that channel eventually it cuts in ...Why are we doing something wrong !

We have only ever had this problem once before at Hornfluer .

Does the thing on the end of the dish need cleaning ? can it get dirty or is that a totally supid question . We didn't have any probs on the 12v but you can obviously only watch the freeview ones ..

Is there something wrong with our dish /system.. ?Anyone else have this problem.

michele - 2007-06-02 11:33 AM

Does the thing on the end of the dish need cleaning ? can it get dirty or is that a totally supid question . We didn't have any probs on the 12v but you can obviously only watch the freeview ones ..

Is there something wrong with our dish /system.. ?Anyone else have this problem.

Which freeview channels are you getting? If you are getting BBC1 etc then you should be able to use your Sky digibox. The thing on the end is called an LNB by the way.

We get all BBC including ITV 4 channel 5 all additional BBC like BBc3 BBC4 ITV2/3 weget Sky news and thats about it .

maybe we are not setting it to central Europe correctly ?

Do you need to clean an LNB if so then why does it work with some and it works with the freeview ?? problems problems *-)

Randonneur - 2007-06-03 9:55 AM

The other thing, Michele, is that if you want to use your Sky+ box in the motorhome you will have to have what is called a TWIN LNB on your Oyster because the Sky+ unit needs 2 cables.

Sylvia

You can still use your Sky+ box with only one input. The only things you can't do is record two at once, or watch one while you record another. You can still watch pre-recorded programmes and record new programmes.

derek500 - 2007-06-03 10:07 AM

Randonneur - 2007-06-03 9:55 AM

The other thing, Michele, is that if you want to use your Sky+ box in the motorhome you will have to have what is called a TWIN LNB on your Oyster because the Sky+ unit needs 2 cables.

Sylvia

You can still use your Sky+ box with only one input. The only things you can't do is record two at once, or watch one while you record another. You can still watch pre-recorded programmes and record new programmes.

That's interesting, thought you had to have both cables connected.

derek500 - 2007-06-03 8:23 AM

Don't forget your Sky+ card is linked to your Sky+ box so it won't decode 'premium' channels like Sky Movies/Sports in a different box.

What channels aren't you getting with your Oyster?

Thats the problem normally we get the lot everything !

Thai , yes hubby is the clever one I know I can be thick but he isnt he has an understanding of most things . The scart lead is in the correct place.

Usually we plug in and we are off with all channels singing and dancing

EVEN SKY MOVIES and SPORT.. The last couple of times it will for some unknown reason give us only half ...so that could be ...........ITV BBC plus ITV 2/3 UK GOLD MEN & Motors Sky News all Doumentary channels ..

gave us channel 4 NO channel 5 I reckon it was because we were near the trees ...It's weird ! how can you get some but not all . Twice this has happened now.

Sylvia& Martin cheers yep he knows that re the leads.

We had the three volt power off of the pace mini box and a line through for the main box this usually allows us to get all the channels BUT this time it didn't like it for some unknown reason. So we disconnected it all and run it all through the main box BUT it didn't make any difference it was just a thought !

Michele

Soz but have never really trusted retro fit sat nav's.

Every one seems to be on Tom Tom these days, any chance of swapping it when you get back.

Not what you want to hear but ours is OK, works out alternate routes if the primary route chosen gets a message that there are delays on it. Also as soon as you move off route, will redirect you back or works out a new route for you

Thai

Brian,

i dont think so we paid £2500 for this little lot all in ....The Tom Tom aint a patch on it ! its just the bloody thing wont let you cancel a route on route !

So if you change your mind whilst driving you have had it so bloody tempremental.

Michele, your best bet is to contact Trans Leisure as they are the mani importer for the Oyster system. I've heard of several people having problems with them recently, something to do with a new satellite benig put up near Astra 2. Trans Leisure also do the Pioneer Avic system (they quite possibly supplied all your kit. If anyone can help you it'll be them.

D.

Michelle,

We experienced problems with our Oyster whilst in France during April and May. Called in at Translesuire, Newark, on way back and they fixed in 15 mins. Problem, as Dave hinted is the Launch of a new Egyptian sat. in close orbit to the Astra 2 sat. Result is Oyster often locks onto wrong sat, hence control box indicates Astra 2 found, but no progs. appear on T.V. What is needed is a new software download, which Translesuire do with no problem. So soon sorted once back in U.K. but spent many happy hours re-parking on the aires assuming fault was to do with some obstruction or other.

Hope this helps

Michelle,

This is apparently a well-known (to Transleisure) problem. Nothing, however on the Transleisure web site that I can found. But a Google for Transleisure found this as the second link:

www.motorhomefacts.com/forum-printtopic-1-4078-0-0-asc-viewresult-1.html

Mel E

====

Hi

On My Avic I can go into the main menu and in the bottom righthand corner you can cancel the route which then switches to the main route screen and asks the question ALL? touch that and all is cancelled!

I have found Transleisure extremely helpful when I experienced the 2nd satellite problem - they upgaded the software - took 30minutes - best to book though (lol)

Archived