Swift Bolero Radio

jack7400

I've purchased a new Swift Bolero and I'm having endless trouble getting a radio reception. I've tried to tune it into various stations and can get a reception on some occasion but this is the exception. Has any other folk who have purchased the same model having the same trouble? Any help in sorting this out would be appreciated.

Hi....I'm sure you'll get more 'technical# replies....but have you checked firslty the aerial is connected to the rear of the radio? My last motorhome also had the earial on the inside of the windscreen, and had a 12v booster in the connection, with an LED to show it was powered up, but even then reception was pretty poor in some areas.

I don't know if your Bolero has the standard FIAT factory fit radio, or where the aerial is?

I have a new FIAt/Burstner on order, which as far as I am aware has the standard radio/CD supplied, with the normal external 'rod' aerial. Shall be interesetd to hear if / how you get your's sorted out, and how good it is eventually.

We have the Bessacarr 560 equivalent and always have a very good reception.  The radio aerial is situated in the wing mirror (although I'm not sure which one).

It definitely sounds like it's a reception problem associated with the aerial.  It sounds like the aerial may have come loose from where it connects to the radio.

Have you tried removing the radio to check?  My advice would be to look in the manual to find out how to remove the radio then slide the sucker out to check the connection.

I have a new Ace Airstream 630, as your Swift B. My radio would not work and I was told it may be the aerial. Took it back to Brownhills and made them fix it. Had trouble with radio, reversing camera and now had a new monitor fitted and the Blaupunkt satnav is pretty useless. Not bad in two weeks!!! :-(

Fourwheels

I know exactly how you feel. I got mine from Brownhills Newark but my problem is I live in Northern Ireland. I agree with you about the Sat Nav and I'm sorry I bothered with it. The radio is a real disappointment to me and I've still been unable to get it sorted out. Have you been able to programme your Trauma Water Boiler to come on in gas mode?

Archived