DUCATO/BOXER 2015 FUEL FILTER DRAIN?

DavyS

You are unlikely to get much water in the diesel filter given the standard of UK and most EU countries. If it is changed at the correct service intervals or every 2 years the need to drain it should not arise. Given how prone to leaking when disturbed is best left alone.

For Ducato, I believe the notorious-for-leaking plastic fuel filter was replaced with a 'throw-away' metal canister-type filter around 2012 - but I think most Boxers/Relays continued to have the plastic filter for some while after that.

My 2015 X290 Ducato-based Rapido motorhome had the metal canister filter and this advert shows an example.

https://coastalmotorhomes.co.uk/fiat-ducato-peugeot-boxer-citroen-relay-250-oe-diesel-fuel-filter-77366565.html

I never changed my Ducato's fuel-filter myself , nor attempted to drain it within the service intervals. This UFI statement mentions water-diesel separation

image.thumb.png.a59edcde9a860b35e4ee52e88d62c57e.png

and I've seen adverts for the filter complete with a water sensor screwed into the filter's base. (I THINK my Ducato's filter did not have a water sensor attached to it, but I might be wrong about that.)

Archived