Truma Heating problems

TheFrenchConnection

Long story short, two error codes on our Truma D6 diesel-fueled heating while in Spain (heating shuts down after a few minutes, hot water OK) neither of which was listed on their website and fooled a local guy.

After a some fairly inconclusive Googling I decided to adopt the 'if all else fails read the instructions' approach and emailed Truma UK themselves - who who replied within hours.

One code (E102 if you're interested) was a loose connection on the cabin thermostat caused by the appalling state of Portugese roads (of which more later in another post) and which has now been fixed.

Now E100 is the interesting one. It 'relates to the DC (circulating) motor' and which seems to tally with the fact that the 'fan' sounded loud one day when we switched the heating on followed several days later by the failure..

So now, at last, my question. Has anyone had any dealings with this motor, which seems to live under a cover on the front of the unit? I'm wondering whether a squirt of silicone lubricant into the fan while it's running would be a short-term fix. From what I can see in the diagrams the 'fan-assisted' burner has a separate inlet.

Sorry for the long and detailed post, just wondered if anyone could help.

Archived