Panel van convertions

jnr

Hi All

We are thinking of up-sizing from a camper T4 to a panel van convertion,to give us a little more comfort and the ability to stay away longer (a month at a time).

We've looked at a Tribute but have been disappointed with the build quality, and have arrived at an A/Sleeper Symbol . Has anyone out there any advise or infomation about this model ---- engine, machanics, mpg, etc .

Regards jnr (?)

Hi,

My wife and I have just done the same. Upgraded from a Hiace Devon Sunrise to an Autosleeper Symbol.

We looked at one Symbol then went and looked at a Tribute. We felt the Tribute suffered from quality issues and went for an 03 plate Symbol.

We have just had our first weekend away in the Symbol and can only say it far exceeds what we expected from it.

The engine is the 2.0 hdi turbo diesel and is a real corker. I don't know what mileage we are getting yet but it sure is a whole lot better than the old 2.0 litre petrol on the Toyota.

The bed is nice and comfy, the level of equipment is amazing. The difference is out of this world. No regrets whatsoever. Not even about the empty savings account!

Shaun

We went the other way - sort of, from a Swift Mondial [like AS Symbol - Symphony as was] to a hitop LWB T4. Miss some things, 'proper loo, option for transverse double bed - but the 'van is soooo much nicer to drive.

B-)

We're in the position - looking to change our elderly camper later this year for something with a bit more home comfort, but still small and flexible enough to use as a car (and get along narrow lanes!)

As a lifelong Ford fan I'm a bit biassed, but at the moment Horizons Unlimited' Cavarno is front-runner for us (if we can afford one when the time comes!). Have a look at http://www.roywoodtransits.co.uk/motorhomes/index.html

Tony & Liz

Archived