GLondon LEZ

Basil

Hi, Bas

I don't know anything about exhaust modifications but it could be interesting if its possible as I suppose the LEZ for greater London is possibly something to do with the subject that was raised on the Chatterbox forum under the title "Travelling in Germany" by "net-traveller" as it certainly has a similar theme.

Hi Enodreven,

I have not seen the post to which you refer but I understand Germany are ahead of the game but London is introducing its version starting 04/02/08 and will affect all vehicles over 1.205 (unladen) tonnes derived from lorries or vans, this includes motorhomes, sold before 2001 (or not to Encap III which all sold after 2001 should be, however you know what happens with motorhomes in the time it takes to build). It covers all the area encompassed by the M25 though not the M25 itself where it passes through, the penalty for entering is £100/ day (if you enter at say 1600 on Monday and don't leave until say 1200 Tuesday that will cost you £200)!!

I do know that updated exhausts are available to achieve the desired standard but have so far been unable to find out prices.

Bas

P.S. That will put several CC and C&CC sites out of bounds to a lot of motorhomers!

Just found out that if you don't pay the charge you are liable to a penalty charge of £500 reduced to £250 if paid within 14 days but increased to £750 if not paid within 28 days and that is per day, you have until midnight on the next working day after the day you enter the Zone, be warned!!

I wonder how many motorhome owners live within the M25 boundry guess there will be some hunting for storage areas outside taking place?

Bas

The introduction is planned in several phases, so motorhomes and small minibuses should not be affected immediately. Various bodies are lobbying for exemptions working through the Central Council for Physical Recreation (CCPA) as coordinator, and the Caravan Club are part of this lobbying.

There is time yet for changes to the plans. We shall see.

Mel E

====

Wingpete - 2007-06-06 7:57 AM

Good enough reason for me to continue to use "Norsted Manor" storage facility at Pratts'Bottom, in Kent.

How about parking it on the Pratt's Bottom that occupies the London Mayor's chair and do the nation a service?

Bob

Mel E - 2007-06-05 10:56 PM

The introduction is planned in several phases, so motorhomes and small minibuses should not be affected immediately. Various bodies are lobbying for exemptions working through the Central Council for Physical Recreation (CCPA) as coordinator, and the Caravan Club are part of this lobbying.

There is time yet for changes to the plans. We shall see.

Mel E

====

According to the TFL site PHG motorhomes will be affected from February 2008 and all others (before the 2001/2 cut off of course) will be 2010, so it only gives 7 months on that basis.

Also this is proposed to come in all over the EU, Germany has also already started to impose in some citys and TFL is looking at introducing it for cars as well! So although there is much being pocked at Red Ken it is an EU plan that is proposed throughout the EU.

Bas

• 1 month later...

Hi,

From another web site there is a discussion about this subject and it would seem that the CC have an article on it in their August magazine the outcome could be very helpful for motor-homes if it goes the way that is being suggested

link to the thread

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-23529.html&view=newest

Sorry the thread has been updated and apparently it was in the CC mag in January 2007 NOT AUGUST , has anyone seem any updates ?

Hi enodreven,

Sorry to disapoint you but if you enter your registration number on the TFL site it will tell you whether you are exempt or not, in my case our motorhome that is registered on the V5 as a motorhome PLG is not exempt and will be subject to the charges from 2010.

It would seem the information on the linked thread is not correct, or the TFL database is incorrect, I wonder which one I will take notice of Motor Home Fiction or TFL's!!!

Bas

Basil - 2007-07-23 11:33 AM

Hi enodreven,

Sorry to disapoint you but if you enter your registration number on the TFL site it will tell you whether you are exempt or not, in my case our motorhome that is registered on the V5 as a motorhome PLG is not exempt and will be subject to the charges from 2010.

It would seem the information on the linked thread is not correct, or the TFL database is incorrect, I wonder which one I will take notice of Motor Home Fiction or TFL's!!!

Bas

Bas

I believe there was a query on Motorhomefacts as to whether there was any exemption. Any assistance from all sources would be appreciated, rather than petty remarks. it would appear to be the Caravan Club that was wrong, or badly informed; does anybody know whether any changes are likely to be made to the current position on the TFL site? It would seem that the Cc london sites will lose a fair amount of business from 2008 / 2010.

Hi, Basil

I am not disappointed mine is exempt until 2012, but that wasn't the point i was raising it was that the suggestion was that the CC in one of their magazine's, had suggested they were in discussions with TFL about possible exemption for motor homes nothing to do with Motorhomefacts, So I really don't know why you have suggested there is a problem with the Motorhomefacts site ?? please explain ??

Basil - 2007-07-23 11:33 AM

Hi enodreven,

Bas

Why are you raising on here if you have a problem take it up with them, I only raised the issue of there may be an exemption for motor-homes which is what this thread is about not MHF ?

Basil - 2007-07-23 6:02 PM

Because there is!

Bas

Basil - 2007-06-05 8:24 PM

Hi Enodreven,

I have not seen the post to which you refer but I understand Germany are ahead of the game but London is introducing its version starting 04/02/08 and will affect all vehicles over 1.205 (unladen) tonnes derived from lorries or vans, this includes motorhomes, sold before 2001 (or not to Encap III which all sold after 2001 should be, however you know what happens with motorhomes in the time it takes to build). It covers all the area encompassed by the M25 though not the M25 itself where it passes through, the penalty for entering is £100/ day (if you enter at say 1600 on Monday and don't leave until say 1200 Tuesday that will cost you £200)!!

I do know that updated exhausts are available to achieve the desired standard but have so far been unable to find out prices.

Bas

P.S. That will put several CC and C&CC sites out of bounds to a lot of motorhomers!

May I point out it does not include all vehicles, only those with diesel engines, if you have a smelly old petrol engine that has decided to burn fuel at 18mpg :'( but pass's the mot emission test you can carry on as normal :D

Archived