Peugot Boxer Exhaust Rattle

Hi, Has anyone had trouble with the Exhaust Rattle on a Boxer.Mine is an 03 Model and what started as a slight vibration has now developed into an annoying rattle which occurs when the engine is ticking over.It sounds like it is coming from the first box on the exhaust.My friend reckons it could be stopped by putting a screw/bolt into the box to secure the Catalytic converter which he says is causing the noise.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It could be any one of several things rattling Kev. It could be just a loose exhaust fixing, a broken baffle in the front silencer or even a shattered catalytic converter honeycomb. I'd suggest you take it to a tyre and exhaust centre for their opinion but be prepared for a big bill if its the cat.

D.

Guest peter
If it's the Cat' just get a de-cat pipe made up and fit it (no cat). As I'm sure Cat's are not mandatory on Diesels and don't do much anyway appart from restricting the exhaust gasses and losing you power. But.....I'm pretty sure someone will come along shortly and shoot this argument down if it's incorrect. :D

Archived