New 'Umwelt' Zones in Germany

david lloyd

I have just added a post to the thread over on the Chatterbox forum regarding these new zones but felt more people would see it on here - but not sure how to move or copy it over.

The thread can be found here:

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=7609&posts=5

Perhaps the moderator could help - Is it possible to move the whole thing over?

Regards, David

Guest JudgeMental

Basil, as I live in London followed your link with interest. as my vehicle new and I think euro 4 I should be OK - but owners of older vehicles will be well and truly stuffed!

I put in my reg no but it did not recognize it...

Guest JudgeMental

if you follow Basil's link you can input reg number and it should let you know if you are in trouble or not...

Ford dealer should be able to tell you regards euro 4 - just give them your chassis number.

enodreven - 2007-06-07 2:10 PM Hi, Is there a way of finding out what "Euro" rating your vehicle is ??

I've gone to the London LEZ site and typed in my Vehicle reg when asked, and it has given me the all clear - hoped so as it's a brand new one. I think the law is aimed at older vehicles to make them compliant, but that's what I thought the emissions test was when having an MOT done?

Off to Germany in July and August and will have to wait and see what happens. I'm also looking at the german ADAC site and also getting in contact with the German tourist industry.

If I have any news then I will post it.

Thai

JudgeMental - 2007-06-07 11:12 AM

Basil, as I live in London followed your link with interest. as my vehicle new and I think euro 4 I should be OK - but owners of older vehicles will be well and truly stuffed!

I put in my reg no but it did not recognize it...

Glad you found the reg link and it was ok for you yes Euro III and IV are ok, I had already checked mine and found that I am ok until 2010. Those with PHG's may well be in trouble anyway, certainly American RV's by the looks (according to the way it reads on the site). Any one with a van pre 2001/2, remembering that motorhome registrations can be some while after the base vehicle was built, may also be in trouble it is worth putting your reg in to see particularly if you live within the Designated Zone.

It is also interesting to see that it seems that one of the largest Motorhome dealers in this area are also just within the Zone so that will make using them for anything pre 2001/2 out of the question i.e. Cranham.

Bas

enodreven - 2007-06-07 2:10 PM

Hi, Is there a way of finding out what "Euro" rating your vehicle is ??

Hi enodreven,

It should be on your V5c or try putting you reg into the site information page.

Bas

I started the thread on Chatterbox to ensure that all campers, whether tent, caravan or motorhome would see it so I feel it should remain there.

The regulations refer to all motorised vehicle except mopeds and motorbikes so, for example, a caravanner could fall foul of this as could a tenter with a car.

;-)

I don't believe that is correct net traveller, the London LEZ currently only refers to diesel powered vans lorries and coaches I think you will find, but they are looking at diesel powered cars as well.

Bas

Perhasp down here in Cornwall news doesn't reach us very quickly, but this is the first I've heard of the LEZ! However, by folloiwn ghte helpful links above, I've establoished that my 2002 Fiat Rapido, which I've just sold, is Ok until 2012...by whcih time I suspect it will no longer be on any roads in UK.

I assume that the new Fiat motorhome I'm awating delivery willbe fully compliant with the then regulations -thats of course if greedy Ken doesn't changed the Golposts on the way......

I haven't seen anything about this from the Caravan Club, who have a number of sites within the mapped area? Nor anything in MMM?

enodreven - 2007-06-08 9:56 AM

Thats why this site is great ?

Keith T - 2007-06-07 9:48 PM

I haven't seen anything about this from the Caravan Club, who have a number of sites within the mapped area? Nor anything in MMM?

I was rather hoping it might spur MMM on to doing an article about it.

Regards, David

Archived