Plastic Screw Covers for rear lights

enodreven

Hi,

I have a Bessacarr and the rear light clusters have screws hidden behind plastic screw covers, I know how to remove the small inserts to enable the screw removal, but where can it purchase the complete new plastic covers/holders from ? as I have broken one or two of these while trying to remove the inserts ?

any suggestions would be welcome

Guest peter
Try B&Q or the like. Big ones are for wood screws and you can get smaller ones which are used for P.V.C Cladding and the like. If they don't have them try a place that sells the Cladding. They are about 8mm Dia'. The bigger ones more like 10mm.

Hi, Peter

Thanks for the suggestion but I have been to B&Q and a couple of other DIY type places and none of them appear to stock these items. I have attached a picture below if anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate it

1444628275_BessacarrPlasticScrewCovers001.jpg.d7e58b8b0ee2c17637370480641252c8.jpg

15310025_BessacarrPlasticScrewCovers002.jpg.248ca98f784b2439b842c5497846b36a.jpg

Hi Again,

I should have added, you can remove without damaging them using very strong sticky tape (carpet tape) or very sticky thick mastic (some coach builders have the sticky thick mastic) and it can be used to press on thehead of the 'rivet' and then with a sharp very fast tug and a bit of luck it will remove it with no damage at all.

Jon

Archived