charging sat-nav

Poppy

Garmin not working in motorhome BUT working a treat in my car! Obviously for some reason our 12v socket not working in Mh. To France on Thursday SO is it possible to get something like a phone charger to charge the Garmin for mains electricity?

Guest JudgeMental

why not check the fuse in van?

look in hand book...

edit: hang on, am I missing something here - are you saying 12v phone charger works in van but not Garmin?

of course you can buy a 230v charger for it - but if only a fuse why bother?

Poppy - 2007-06-10 6:04 PM

I can charge the garmine from the 12v socket in my car but not from the 12v socket in the van. Will look at the fuse box.

If there is a supply to the socket, it may be that the pin on the end of the garmin plug is not quite long enough to make contact. Using an short extension lead between the socket and the garmin plug may resolve the problem.

Rgds

Poppy - 2007-06-10 4:33 PM

Garmin not working in motorhome BUT working a treat in my car! Obviously for some reason our 12v socket not working in Mh. To France on Thursday SO is it possible to get something like a phone charger to charge the Garmin for mains electricity?

I know this might sound really stupid but ... you are plugging it into the 12v socket on the dash when you are travelling and not one in the rear? Some motorhome 12v electric sockets are isolated in the rear when in transit. Just a thought ....

John Keats - 2007-06-11 12:04 AM

Regarding sockets, can I buy a male continental type that trandfers to a female UK type ?

The rear one is French and too small for UK plugs

Sure that it's not a 'Hella' socket ?

You can get plugs for those (bought mine on e-Bay).

Archived