Commercial roof rack

Mrs Sea

Can anyone help? We wish to fit a roofrack to a Hi-top panel van motorhome (on the new LWB 2.2 JTD Fiat). The Fiamma type I don't think are strong enough for what we require - 4 sea kayaks or 2 open canoes or a mix of the two, max 200lb. The rack would need to be high enough to avoid the midi heki roof lights fore and aft. We also need a roller bar and ladder.

Also any way we can check that this sort of weight on a Hi-top isn't going to make it too tippy or exceed the Fiat axle max weight limit?

Many thanks

Thank you Colin

Unfortunately Thule can't help. Firstly because of the Heki vents and secondly because of the length and shape of the boats. An Open canoe (canadian) at 17 -18ft and bent like a banana causes problems when carried upside down as the front and rear of the boat are lower than its middle. On a car they overhang the windscreen and the rear but on a LWB van they have nowhere to overhang unless the uprights/mounts are longer than normal. This would also help clear the Heki vent/windows.

I really need a manufacturer who speciialises in making made to measure roofracks, preferably galvanised or stainless steel. There's a chap in Lincolnshire does just this but I'm in Scotland.... just wondered if there was anyone closer?

Thanks again Colin for the suggestion.

Archived