Camp sites beside the Rhine

John Keats

Some years ago I passed a camp site between the road and the river near Koblenz.

Can anyone locate it for me? There's possibly more than just one.

The site and river were about 60 ft lower than the road. There was also a Restaurant at the site entrance.

John Keats - 2007-06-11 12:44 AM

Some years ago I passed a camp site between the road and the river near Koblenz.

Can anyone locate it for me? There's possibly more than just one.

The site and river were about 60 ft lower than the road. There was also a Restaurant at the site entrance.

There's one directly opposite the Deutches Ecke momument.

http://www.camping-rhein-mosel.de/

I last used it two years ago and it's now pretty run down compared to the first (previous) time I used it in the early 1980s !

Not on my recommended list !

Loads of Stellplatz further up the Mosel . . .

The description sounds like the "Lorely Blik" site which is about 25 miles south of Koblenz between Sankt Goar and Oderwesel. It is a good site for the wine festivals (Rhine in Flames) at Sankt Goar and Oderwesel - usually held on the 2nd and 3rd week ends in September.

If you use this one watch out for the electricity though - when the site is full the voltage can drop to 180v.

The site is otherwise well looked after but like most sites on the \rhine it can be a little noisy as you have the big barges on the river plus a road either side and a railway either side, all of which run 24/7.

We usually use the stelplatze when travelling down the Rhine but have used this site for the wine festivals.

Hi Frankkia

If of any interest, just to let you know, that this year, they are having a summer festival of "Rhine on Fire" displays, starts in July and goes all the way through to September. Well at selected times and dates anyway.

We're going to the wine festival in Rudesheim mid August, as we have friends in the town who are wine merchants!!!! They've arranged for a boat trip to see some fireworks, should be interesting what with boats, rivers and wine!!

Enjoy

Thai

Archived