HELP!!!! BEAM BENDERS?

Poppy

You know, the bits of plastic put on our headlighters to adjust the beam. WELL we have bought some and looked at the blurb (we think you need several degrees to understand it) and are no wiser. Where can I go for help. We have a Hymer Van on I think a ford transit base.Bought this year and new.

Guest JudgeMental
Poppy - 2007-06-12 8:04 PM

We have a Hymer Van on I think a ford transit base.Bought this year and new.

if you walk to the front of vehicle and have a look in the centre of grill - if there is a blue oval badge with "FORD" written in then you have a FORD vehicle :-D

question 1: LHD or RHD

question 2: why bother?

if you are bothered try local MOT station for assistence

I suggest you get some head light protectors and have beam benders fitted to them, then when going abroad it is simply a matter of putting them on or off - saves repetedly buying beam benders and the sticky mess they leave on headlights.

I got mine for the 2007 FORD from "Formula 4x4"

http://www.formula4.co.uk/

H/Lamp Protectors EGR Std Transit Mk7 EGR4931

Product Code: 2H171FOTR7

EGR Standard Clear Headlight Protectors (pair)

Buy / More Information >

Price: £34.90 inc VAT

hope this helps - now stop worrying and get of and enjoy yourselves! :-D

Guest JudgeMental

Err... no

thats why I attached the link - correct headlight protectors are quite hard to find.

follow link it will identify a phone number. call them then pay for them (over the phone by credit/debit card - its amazing!) and they will send them in the post :-D

Hi Poppy- You are leaving things a bit late ! anyway you should be able to pick up a set from any decent car accessory shop, even halfords (lol) what may fox you is where to place them on your lamps, and can only suggest you park about 20ft away from a wall at night on level ground and hold them over the headlight beam until you can see on the wall max dip of the beam to the right, thats where they want sticking on. You will need them even if you do not intend driving at night, as France requires to have dip beam on in any rain ( hope that does not occure) off you go and enjoy. I am of course refering to stick on beam benders as you will not get headlamp protectors in time for your trip. chas

I have a Hymer 522 Van (2006) based on the previous ford (floor gear change) chasis. Our local Ford Dealer sold me a kit of protectors (plastic shields) for the headlights which include masking to attach ) so you can fit the beam benders to the plastic covers and then fit them !

Easy !! If your vehicle is the new Ford Transit chasis (dash gearshift) the headlamps are a different shape but I expect bigger dealers will have the equivalent part. Cost about £25.

Hi poppy

The headlight clip on protectors are the best way but if you don't manage to get a set before you go it is still a fairly easy job to stick the beam benders on in the right place.

I have used them before and have even done them when I am on the train. Shine the headlights on the rear of the vehicle in front or the partition wall - this heats up the headlight and helps them to stick (same for getting them off) - then simply hold them over the beam until you cover the high part of the beam that shines to the nearside.

Have a great break.

Regards, David

Archived