Another Truma question

fjmike

If all goes well(expletive deleted insurance) we should be picking up our new Pilote from France in two weeks time. It is fitted with the standard C6002 Truma boiler. Now on my last van we had EH version , I'm told that to add this to the standard system involves the fitting of a collar which would give me the electric water heating when on hook up. What I would like to know is this a very straight forward fitment (ie not too expensive) that the very nice man in Telford can fit ?????????

One thing you'll need to clarify first Mike. 

The C 6002 EH has the option of full space and water heating using electric elements, gas, or both in combination.  The standard C 6002 cannot be modified to this specification, replacement is the only option. 

I think you are referring to the C 6002 EL, which has a 450W electric element that heats water only.  The water heater element can be added as a kit, for a bit over £100.  It requires installation of a 230V feed to the heater housing, and the installation of an on/off switch (part of the kit) for this supply.

Guest JudgeMental

Brian has answered this really a pity you did not upgrade when ordering van...

we upgraded to EH when ordering new van for about £400 extra I think, and where glad of it as in week in Britany over half term we had no gas. And on electric alone system works very well.

went for this as on last camper we had ALDE central heating, which was dual and thought we would miss it.

personally I don't think I would bother just for water, but suppose it depends on cost really

Thanks everyone for your replies

Brian

What I was think of was the 6002EL, which would give us the hot water when on hookup.

Judge

The motorhome we are buying is from stock so could not specify the boiler as we would have gone for the 6002 EH. The reason I asked about fiiting was to see if it was worth the cost, this maybe likened to solar panels etc. in that its the convenience of being on an Aire in the middle of winter and not have to just rely on gas for warmth and hot water

For what it's worth, I think the EL versions well worth the extra £100.  Once on site the current draw for the heater is only around 2A, so even the meanest hook up will run that and, if the evenings are a bit cool, that 12 litres of nice hot water just takes the edge off the chill inside the van.  In ours, it was under the bed, so took the chill of that as well.  Cosy, I think, is the word!

Archived