The weather ... abroad

Mel B

Is there any way of getting to know what the weather forecast is when on holiday abroad? By that I mean being able to get it in English, preferably on radio or TV.

This is one thing that I miss when abroad as, despite what most people think, it isn't always warm and sunny!

It would be nice to be able to check out the weather to see which way to drive. Any (sensible) suggestions?

Failing that, how would I be able to get it on TV in, say, France or Germany? Never tried it so haven't a clue.

:-|

Guest JudgeMental

from your posting do you not carry a computer? failing that there are plenty of internet cafes around...

we always bring world radio - but obviously no good for local weather

I have been known to look in the back of local papers in news agent as well

Of course local TV has reports just like us after their news - but not in English but pictures show expected temp, clouds and rainfall

but these days its the laptop for everything *-)

Our Analogue TV in France picked up French teletext pages from many of the dozen or so channels we were able to pick up in most places. Amongst these pages we were able to get weather information for all places in Europe. You don,t need a satellite dish!

Clive - 2007-06-15 11:04 PM

Our Analogue TV in France picked up French teletext pages from many of the dozen or so channels we were able to pick up in most places. Amongst these pages we were able to get weather information for all places in Europe. You don,t need a satellite dish!

So, I understand that France is SECAM, so my TV and 530 directional aerial should pick up French channels so I can look at the pictures?!?!?

Failing that, we do take a laptop but as we aren't usually in campsites or anywhere where I would expect to be able to get a 'free' internet connection, is there a cheap way of connecting to the internet to get TV etc instead, just for the weather, nowt else.

Mel B - 2007-06-16 5:50 PM

Clive - 2007-06-15 11:04 PM

So, I understand that France is SECAM, so my TV and 530 directional aerial should pick up French channels so I can look at the pictures?!?!?

Failing that, we do take a laptop but as we aren't usually in campsites or anywhere where I would expect to be able to get a 'free' internet connection, is there a cheap way of connecting to the internet to get TV etc instead, just for the weather, nowt else.

Mel,

Park up in a MacDonald's car park, there's free wifi there. Or have a coffee and use the loo. :-D :-D :-D

Don

Archived