Crossing the Rhine by ferry

Way2Go

Hi peeps,

Can anyone provide any info or links to the question of crossing the Rhine by ferry.  I appreciate there are several places to cross and they mainly take cars and/or passengers but I'm not sure which ones take a 7M motorhome.

Any help would be appreciated as we'd like to start booking some sites.

Many thanks

W2G

Hi again Way2G

When we cross the Rhine, we just look at the signs as you approach the crossing points. These will let you know what type of vehicles that the ferries take on board.They just charge you per metre and just load you on, if they are full then it's the case of just waiting for the other ferry to come across. The majority of ferries across the Rhine will take your / our length of vehicle. It's only the smaller ones that are for foot passengers and cars only.Fropm my previous posts, the crossing from St Goar to St Goarhousen, which you were thinking of using will take tour buses.

Hope all this helps

Thai

I agree with Thai, you wont have any problems crossing with a motorhome, a lot of small trucks often use them in the course of their business.

Last year we used a crossing just north of remagen, €3.50 for our 6 mtr van, so prices are very good too.

pete

Thai Bry - 2007-06-16 10:05 AM . . . . the crossing from St Goar to St Goarhousen, which you were thinking of using will take tour buses . . . .

That's pretty well on the money Thai.  I'm pretty sure that's where we'll be thinking of crossing.

You're a star - many thanks

W2G

Archived