Buying from European dealers...

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

I ordered my EuraMobil October 2006. When I picked it up in May 2007 a few things came to my attention.EuraMobil had decided to raise the height of rear bed (without telling anyone) I know manufacturers reserve the right to change spec but still on their website bed is advertised (pictures)at the original height.

The reason for this change was apparently because of complaints from a few regards internal height in garage. This was odd to us as we carry four bikes and still have 250mm at least spare above the bikes.

The bed is enormous 1500x 215mm with beech slat frames and 2 excellent mattresses. It’s OK for me but Mrs Mental has to struggle to get over me and feels somewhat trapped on the inside :-D

Thing is why we choose this van in the first place, because of the good headroom. As others we looked at Dusseldorf could only be described as equivalent to sleeping on a book shelf.... *-)

EuraMobil have been excellent regards this and agreed to change immediately so of the Belgian dealer next week

My point is this: be careful ordering over the phone as it may appear dealer speaks excellent English but may still be struggling to fully understand your needs

The model ordered is in the starter range of EuraMobil products. And a decent but not luxurious spec compared to their higher end vans. I ordered a high spec, including extra windows upgraded heating/SOG/cab air con/roof air con/ luxury trim from higher spec model which was not even in brochure for our model.

So you would think the dealer would realise I was not on a strict budget and would offer some upgrades which I did not realize where missing from spec. Cab chairs where plain ford ones in grey – i did not realise when upgrading trim this was not included – luckily they had a set on another stock van and changed over to mine. No outside light and only one light in over cab bed. Not big things but it would have been better to get it right from the start – All this is entirely my fault. But I believe an experienced dealer should have made further suggestions. All these items are being added next week so no drama - and a pleasure doing business with decent people ;-)

So just be careful when ordering the devil is in the detail.....

Guest JudgeMental
icelander - 2007-06-16 4:38 PM

Very very nice :-D

Have you been on the wacky backy again? :-D

Guest JudgeMental

Only teasin... :-D

Yes - it is a nice van

and hopefully after this weekend everything should be as it should be,,,

Archived