Renault Master Headlights

Guest caraprof

Guest caraprof

Despite a small problem which I've bored everyone with in 'Chatterbox', my wife and I have decided to go to Europe and I'm booked on Hull/Zeebrugge for Wednesday evening.

I cannot work out where to put blocking tape or headlamp converters onto my new Renault Master base vehicle. There are none of the usual markings on the lens which show where the beam is deflected.

It looks as though the appropriate deflector (if you see what I mean) which angles the beam down to the left for UK driving, is situated on the side of the headlamp bowl. I can see no other way that the beam can be correctly deflected.

I'n very thick technically and even pay people to put up shelves so any help in words of one syllable will be appreciated!

Hi caraprof

We have a 2006 Renault Master and have used it abroad - I used beam deflectors last time which do not need to be as accurate as the tape but put them on once we boarded the eurotunnel. Simply shine the headlights on the back of the vehicle in front (or the fixed bulkhead if you are first on the carraige) and the high part of the beam will show up easily just hold the deflector or tape over the area to see if it blanks it out then stick it on. The headlights are warmed with the lights on so it aids adhesion - similarly when taking them off it helps removal and the deflectors can be reused.

One other thing - if using tape use white tape as this does not heat up the acrylic area beneath as much as black and also lets the light shine through (when the headlights are on) so oncoming traffic still see a 'full' headlight.

Have a great trip and good luck, Daivd

Guest caraprof
Thanks folks. At present it's parked facing the field behind my house and I can't be bothered moving it yet, but what I find confusing is things like 'the high part of the beam'. I would have thought that the part of the light that needs blocking is the left-pointing area, which will dazzle people on my left when I'm driving on the right?

The beam pattern for RHD vehicles is as follows:

- the right headlamp (offside) has a fairly flat beam so that it doesn't dazzle oncoming drivers

- the nearside headlamp has a more extended beam on the nearside part to light up the verge ahead.

When facing a wall (on level ground, please, or it won't work properly), the extended beam pattern of the nearside headlamp shows up as a higher beam on the wall. You stick tape on to cut this off. Although the offside headlamp also has a slightly extended beam pattern at its nearside, you may find that you can get away without chopping this off with tape.

White tape is just as effective as beam benders.

Mel E

====

Guest caraprof
Thanks for that - beginning to make sense now. I wasn't aware of the difference between the n/s and o/s dipped beams.

it's ok you don't have to thank me for telling you its good to shine it up a wall on the garage in the dark! the fact that I didn't come up with a technical enough answer is the BO from me ...Still I tried to help thats all that matters in my book... (lol)

Guest caraprof
michele - 2007-06-18 3:18 PM it's ok you don't have to thank me for telling you its good to shine it up a wall on the garage in the dark! the fact that I didn't come up with a technical enough answer is the BO from me ...Still I tried to help thats all that matters in my book... (lol)

Sorry Michele, not intentional. I thought that my earlier post where I mentioned that it's parked looking over a field may have let you know that I wasn't ignoring you. When I move it onto my drive I still can't use this method as it slopes quite a bit.

I am now on my knees and flogging myself with a wet copy of MMM in abject apology and retribution!

caraprof - 2007-06-18 4:08 PM

I am now on my knees and flogging myself with a wet copy of MMM in abject apology and retribution!

Not sure you should really be doing this in your condition!  Can be bad for headaches - I know, I've suffered migraine since I was a teenager!

caraprof - 2007-06-18 4:08 PM.. (lol)

Sorry Michele, not intentional. I thought that my earlier post where I mentioned that it's parked looking over a field may have let you know that I wasn't ignoring you. When I move it onto my drive I still can't use this method as it slopes quite a bit.

Well if I was your wife I'd have you commited :D

Archived