Digital Satellite to laptop - no scart

Lee1st

Hi All.

Ok, I've got a laptop that has s-video input plus a strange small aerial input for which I've got a "sky plug" type adapter for sending TV signals to my laptop, which has a tuner card. I've also got a zehnder DX65 Digital satellite receiver whose outputs are scart, plus sat antenna out which appears to send nothing out at all (when the box was delivered there was a little piece of tape over this and threre's no mention of it in the instruction manual which leads me to believe it's redundant). If I connect the scart from the receiver by scart to a conventional TV, no problem. As I have no scart on the laptop I have to use a scart to s-video adaptor but this degrades the signal so that I have no colour (same when I use this setup on the TV).

My question to the techies among you then is, is there some way of connecting this receiver to my laptop which won't spoil the signal to monochrome levels?

Thank in advance,

Lee

The 'sat ant out' is a LNB loop throu for connecting a second receiver to dish. You should have two scart outputs, 'tv' and 'video' often the video scart can be configued to output svhs check the menu to see if it includes svhs as an option.

Archived