How do you clean your rollout awning

michele

Just noticed on another thread about the sticky stuff from parking under trees in the summer months. What stuff does one use on the rollout awnings to clean it also more importantly how do you clean it bit of a funny shape and I can't imagine you could give it a good hard scrub without damaging it..This will be us soon any suitable products on the market ...Apart from ladder willing husband ?

Guest peter
I use one of those soft extending brushes they sell in Caravan shops using normal car wash. The same as I use to clean the van. If it's really dirty you could use washing powder instead. It's made of PVC so is pretty robust as to being attacked by cleaning products. Rinse it off wel and make sure it's dry before you retract it. So get out there and start scrubbing. (lol)

I found the best way, when really sticky and leaf stained, was to position the blind as near horizontal as possible and brush on with the aid of a long extended brush from both sides a solution of water and Flash. let it soak onto the surface for half an hour, and then wash off with lots of clean water. chas

We normally wait until we get home from touring, then we do as Chas does, but use a solution that you can buy from most caravan acessories shops. I also found that you can buy the same solution marketed for M/home use BUT found it more expensive, WHY IS THAT THEN??

Thai

Michelle,

If your awning is an Acrylic type, ie looks and feels like a thick fabric, then you should use a mild detergent, this is because the fabric is treated to protect it from U.V. light and also to make it shower resistant, anything harsher than a mild detergent could remove those treatments.

Trust me I am a blind man, I have said that to girls before and ended up with a slapped face but my god was it worth it. (lol) (lol) (lol)

John D.

Archived