Silver screens

b6x

We chose Taylormade and purposely went for the single skin uninsulated type, with roll down front. Mainly bought to reflect heat away, but stops 90% of condensation on inside of screen in chilly Britain. Their main advantage being they roll up really small so storage is no problem. Cost about £45 for a Boxer cab. chas

Champstar - 2007-06-26 11:43 AM So to sum up I take it external screens are better than internal ones? I like the idea of the internal screens as a safety option but also for ease of storage etc.

Hi Graeme, on our many travels to Germany, we've noticed that a lot of the continentals use the "Internal" version of our silver screens.

Thai

Having had an external 'silverscreen' for 3 yrs I would not want to be without it!!!! keeps the van warm in the winter and cool in the summer all condensation free , however only regret didnt get the one with the valcro that allows the centre part of the screen to be pulled down.

Thanks for all the replies people.  Think I would more than likely be considering the single layer TaylorMade as think that'll be good enough for our needs.  I think I'd rather trade off some insulation for ease of storage.  Thanks again

Steve

laikaman - 2007-06-26 6:31 PM Having had an external 'silverscreen' for 3 yrs I would not want to be without it!!!! keeps the van warm in the winter and cool in the summer all condensation free , however only regret didnt get the one with the valcro that allows the centre part of the screen to be pulled down.

Hi

You should be able to do a part exchange deal with Silverscreens, well you used to be able to anyway, that was one of their sales pitches. Things might have changed, but still worth a try though.

Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!!

Thai

Archived