this happened to me many years ago as well

teccer1234

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/british-couple-have-to-be-rescued-as-motorhome-gets-stuck-in-tiny-southern-spanish-streets/ar-AA18yQb6?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=cb58fd4f1049420eb3760d677ec177ab&ei=13

at least when I got stuck in a small village a friendly Spanish guy had a big/high garage and told me to turn round in his garage to drive out of the small place, the only damage on my 544 was a scrape on top of the awning where we drove under a balcony

I always keep a wary eye out looking well ahead for signs of commercial vehicles, but I've been caught out at times following local shortarse sevel vans or transits, particularly by acute angle 'bends'. Medieval Spanish streets and modern 8m vehicles not always a good mix! 

The round Gibraltar circuit catches the odd motorhomer out, it's very easy to accidentally detour off the much preferred route, then at one particular point be faced with a tight left turn, not unknown for a cop to direct/advise a sweating motorhome driver to shunt a badly parked car out the way, so as to make room!

When you're so goal oriented near the finish line, you forget why you're there and what you're doing. Or sunk cost fallacy.

Hard to understand and absolutely stupid in hindsight. But hard to recognize and admit to yourself while you're in it.

Also, being good in reversing out of tight spots is always a good idea.

Archived