South West France

griffly16

Hi...we go down that way on occasions, and depending on how much you wish to tour, have found a couple of good ones -

CANET PLAGE - Camping Domino (though there are several)....a typical french holiday area, and very quiet off season. We enjoyed it early in season, and I think that site is probably open until 30/9, if not there are ser=veral sites in closes proximity

DAX - Camping les Chenes near river, and lovely town, which I think is the main municiplaity in that district.

These may be too fat yout for you, but they're b oth worth a visit in transit, perhaps.

Last year we found a decent site just a few miles east of Carcassonne.

Again, may not be exactly where you want to be, but I'll try and dig out any info if you're interested.

Tony

(PS The pic on another thread of me cooking outside the van, which they were all so rude about, was taken there if I remember rightly)

(PPS (edit) The thread was "I'm being nosey again" on Chatterbox)

The following aires are in the area you indicated and I can personally recommend them:-

Venerque Dept 31

Mazères dept 31

Lourdes (Parking in the LeClerc supermarket cat park) dewpt 65

Ogeu-les-Bains dept 64

Montauban dept 82

Lannemezan dept 65 - but on day before market day (which is Wednesday) it is best to park in the cattle market carpark near the aire.

Details of all these aires and many more are at www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

In addition you can stop overnight in the car park below St. Bertrand de Comminges, which is worth visiting - no facilities though.

If you are thinking of covering a wider area, let us know for more aires.

Archived