Motorhome Storage near Frankfurt Airport?

Avignon

Greetings from the Colonies.

We are shipping our 21.5 ft. Winnebago Rialta (VW T4 cab) to Bremerhaven in July, travelling for a month, then want to leave it in storage (for future trips) somewhere safe, secure, reasonably priced & with reasonable access to Frankfurt airport.

We did this before in the 1990s with a couple of VW campers, but we stored them near Amsterdam Schiphol, where there are many "caravan stalling" facilities. We're having trouble finding the same in Deutschland.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Guest JudgeMental

Why don't you post on a German forum?

(using automatic translator)

theres one attached to "promobil.de" magazine online

Or this one most probably better: http://forum.womoverlag.de

Or failing this, look up dealerships in area via manufacturers web sites?

I am sure one will offer storage or know of somewher

Frank, the link I provided brings you to site in German as translated link was to long to view on here, so just copy name of site into search engine and its easy to automatically translate from there...

Good luck!

-

Thanks-

I did do some German research before posting here- I emailed the VW Club Koblenz, searched the internet & Frankfurt versions of the "yellow pages", contacted people I have met RVing in Mexico & USA who live along the Rhine north of Frankfurt - so when I say "bupkus", it's not all down to this forum! :-) (Lots of Germans especially ship their RVs to North America - we've met dozens of them in Mexico)

That WOMO site is pretty good. Ich verstehe ein bischen Deutsch... Ich habe in universitat Deutsch studieren.

Et je parle un peu francais (after all we have to take it all through school here in Canada).

We decided to store in Amsterdam - plenty of good short direct flights from Toronto & KLM/Martinair are very good with the dog.

Once I'm in Germany, I may change that, but it was easier to do what we did before.

Thanks all,

Frank

Guest WomoFuchs
We're having trouble finding the same in Deutschland.

Any ideas?

Are you still looking for a location? If so, I can check with the owner of the hall where we have our motorhome. It's about 50km near Frankfurt airport and there is already a Winnebago, so yours won't be lonely.

Best regards,

WomoFuchs

Thanks, but I have now changed my flight back to Amsterdam-Toronto in order to store there; however I am interested in collecting Frankfurt possibilities for future use.

I'm sure I'll be committing to a year of storage in Amsterdam, though.

WomoFuchs - 2007-07-02 2:07 PM

[

Are you still looking for a location? If so, I can check with the owner of the hall where we have our motorhome. It's about 50km near Frankfurt airport and there is already a Winnebago, so yours won't be lonely.

Best regards,

WomoFuchs

Archived