peugeot boxer 2l 2003 oil level

scoones1

i have just changed the synthetic oil on my compass avantgarde200 peugeot boxer 2l diesel 2003 at 20000miles. the book says 5.3 litres. it put in 5L an dash tells me its to full. i am also having trouble resetting the service spanner on display. it shows day0 how do i get rid of all these lights. pls.

Don't rely on the indicator, use the dispstick. It's quite normal for a bit less oil to be needed than quoted. Have you changed the filter and started the engine to refill it. ?

If it's like the Fiat, to reset the service interval press and hold the trip counter button and then turn on the ignition without starting the engine. Keep the button pressed for about 20 secs, when the display should show CF1. Release the button and press again and hold for about 5 secs, the spanner should disappear and the engine can be started as normal.

(When the display shows CF1, pressing and releasing the button rapidly brings up CF2 and CF3 in turn, these are for shorter service intervals but CF1 is the normal choice ).

Alan

scoones1 - 2007-06-27 3:34 PM i have just changed the synthetic oil on my compass avantgarde200 peugeot boxer 2l diesel 2003 at 20000miles. the book says 5.3 litres. it put in 5L an dash tells me its to full. i am also having trouble resetting the service spanner on display. it shows day0 how do i get rid of all these lights. pls.

And I'm sure you already know this, but don't fill above the full mark on the dipstick.  If the crankshaft gets into the oil when rotating, you'll have something resembling whipped egg white in the sump after a while.  Not good!

Archived