Number Plates in Spain/France

enodreven

davenewell@home - 2007-06-28 6:48 PM

Thanks Derek, I was beginning to think i tryped that bit in invisible ink! 8-)

So, from what you say I would guess that having number plates that suggest you are from the country you are in will not give you any greater security than your normal standard plates rendering this a completely pointless and possibly illegal exercise. Does anyone agree or disagree with this?

D.

Completely agree, as per previous post, I think all that would happen is that you'd lay yourself open to suspicion from the authorities. I can't see any thief being fooled or impressed.

Derek, that Spanish bloke you quoted should know how to conjugate tener? (lol)

bigal55 - 2007-06-28 7:57 PM

my son works for BAE systems (bungs accepted) iv,e asked him if can get any surplus anti-personnel mines, just enough to scatter round the door,will this be legal in france/spain, mace is, orders accepted

Tut tut you should know that anti-personnel mines are now illegal, although BAe claim the bomblets dropped from aircraft are ok, so best paint a target on the roof (lol)

Brian- If you do illegaly remove your nationality plate in an attempt to blend in with other vehicles, are you then also going to remove your road fund licence from your windscreen also ? As stated before give these thieves some credit, after all they do it for a living 8o| Save the money on illegal plates, and display a dangerous dog poster in the window, that would be far cheaper, and possibly more effective, dont get paronoid over it. Regards chas

Hi, Dave just to answer your question, Bogus Police in Spain do pray on non spanish registered vehicles, I know this from experience ?? and I have read a number of reports that English register vehicles are singled out in French supermarket car parks particularly around the ports area's

bigal55 - 2007-06-28 7:57 PM

davenewell@home - 2007-06-28 6:48 PM

Thanks Derek, I was beginning to think i tryped that bit in invisible ink! 8-)

So, from what you say I would guess that having number plates that suggest you are from the country you are in will not give you any greater security than your normal standard plates rendering this a completely pointless and possibly illegal exercise. Does anyone agree or disagree with this?

D.

i agree most thieves are opportunists who look for the easiest victim, my son works for BAE systems (bungs accepted) iv,e asked him if can get any surplus anti-personnel mines, just enough to scatter round the door,will this be legal in france/spain, mace is, orders accepted
another idea at le man this year,a column of british vehicles entered the campsite playing land of hope and glory, perhaps playing the local national anthem constantly would make johnny foreigner think we were locals,it is late and the wine is now in charge of reasoning but it could work

Archived