ducato gearchange

pagey

hi folks the gearchange on my 2001 (19000) mls ducato seems a little rough sort of dry is there anywhere it can be lubricated ive read that its cable is it?. ive only just bought it so maybe its me, if it ever stops raining i will have a look many thanks pagey

Hi Pagey, yes the gear lever is connected to the 'box by a pair of cables. I don't know of anywhere you can get at to lubricate the cable itself, I think they're sealed for life with nylon lined outer cables. You can probably get a shot of WD40 or similar onto the ball ends at the gearbox end. It could be worth changing the gearbox oil. It's not unknown for water to get into the gearbox and cause problems.

D.

Peter Russek are the only manuals available at sensible prices, Fiat workshop manuals are around £300! There is no level/filler plug. Drain the oil completely through the drain plug at the bottom and to fill the box remove the reverse light switch from the top. I believe the gearbox takes 2 litres but check this out BEFORE you do anything else.

D.

Archived