Sites / locations

Brian Kirby

Guest Brian Kirby
Hello All I am looking for sites guide/s, preferably for Europe, but individual countries not a problem, that clearly identify sites / locations with nearby shops. This seems so basic, but the relevant info seems always to be included in the site description, if at all. Has anyone found a guide that facilitates searches based upon proximity of towns/villages or upon towns/villages with campsites. Either book or CD/DVD would be of use. All suggestions gratefully received. Thanks. Brian

Guest PeteC
Hi Brian Have you tried the Caravan Clubs 'Caravan Europe' Vols 1 & 2 The sites are recomended by the members/users It also has usefull info about each country pluss a section on tunnels, bridges, mountain passes

Guest Brian Kirby
Thanks Pete Just to be clear, what I'm looking for is the ability to search for sites by proximity to shops; within say, 10 mins walk, or about 1km. We all need them for the basics, some sites have good shops, some very limited, some have visiting bakers etc, but the only way to find out is by combing through all the sites in an area to see if there are shops on site or nearby. For example, the Michelin site guide tables of localities allows quick identification of sites with swimming nearby and sites with camper van services. However, it does not include in the tables, sites with shops. I guess most of us fing shopping for some kind of food far more pressing than jumping in swimming pools? Nevertheless, I have been unable to identify a guide that tabulates the basic shops. The edition of the Caravan Club guide doesn't do this. Their outlook is caravan led, I think. You go to the site, park the 'van, then toodle off in your newly liberated car to get the shopping. Motorhomers can perhaps more easily take advantage of en-route shops or supermarkets than tuggers, but being able to stop, set up, and just walk to handy shops seem such a basic need I'm surprised not to be able easily to find out where this is possible. Thanks again Brian

Archived