AA/Fiat re postings 24/6/05

David

Guest David
I have looked at my AA assurance and Accident Management book. This was with my warrenty book etc, This is my Free AA memebership for a year. Weight size and restrictions for relevant vehicles. 3.5 tonnes Max length 23ft Max width 7 ft 6 max height 9ft 10 Now I should be covered for my New Ace Milano!!!. But i think I will still rely on my AA cover through Safeguard. David

Guest Mike C
Hello David, You mention the AA Assurance and Accident Management book supplied with the Warranty Book for your new Ace Milano.I received a Warrant Book for my Swift Sundance 590 RS (Swift version of Milano) but no documentation regarding the AA. When I spoke to Fiat they said that no AA details are supplied and if I had any problem to contact the Fiat/AA Assurance Line 0800 622313. Could you please let me know the exact title of the AA book supplied to you so that I can chase up Fiat/AA to get a copy. Are you sure of the free 1 year AA cover as mine is for 3 years and this has been confirmed by the AA who gave me the exact expiry date in April 2008? From some of the postings regarding AA cover and Warranty it appears that some owners have cover raised outside the UK and with different conditions from RHD UK supplied vehicles. My understanding from the AA is that the restriction is 3500 kgs and max length 21ft but that ALL Swift group Motor Caravans are covered. If the Motor Caravan is longer than the 21 ft length they will use a Commercial Recovery Vehicle in place of the normal recovery vehicle. Regards, Mike C.

Guest David
Hi Mike.C The title of the AA book is. AA assurance and Accident Management Service for Fiat Commercial Vehicles. Effective from 01.01.05. On Page three Quote:- Vehicle eligibility for Service in the UK and Europe. New fiat Commercial Vehicles supplied by Fiat Auto(UK) Limited and first registered on, or after the 1st Jan 2005 in the UK are supplied with 1 years AA Assurance Cover, on a free of charge basis, through Fiat Consumer Services. Cover applies from the first date of registration and access to the service is dependent on the conditions contained in this booklet being followed. Hope this helps. Cheers David.

Guest Mike C
Hello David, Thank you for the information, I am really confused now so it's back on the phone Monday to find out why I did not receive the book and what the status of my Sundance is. Regards, Mike C.

Guest John Pollock
Dear David, What does that AA insurance cover - just breakdown or is it comprehensive? Do you know if it covers a non-resident who buys a new Fiat in UK + uses it in UK + Europe? Regards John

Guest David
Hi John, I seem to be talking to you on 2 subject here. AA Assurance is Breakdown cover. They also do Motor insurance. I am with Safeguard who advertize on the header of This forum. There has been info somewhere on this site re Insurance for none UK residents. You wanted RHD vehicle these are availabel in Germany and also Belgium, there is a dealer in or near Ostend in Belgium who will do all the paper work for you, unfotuneatly I do not know the web site address, perhaps some of the regulars do!! I think they must all be on Holiday or tued into the French GP, although over now. Keep us posted John. david

Guest John Pollock
Thanks David, Now we are getting somewhere! I am very keen to find a source of RHD vans in Europe, especially if they can organise insurance. Please, if anyone can help, put finger to keyboard. Best wishes John

Archived