Re-plating downwards.

dobscott

In order to avoid the hassle and expense of a medical and completing the documentation needed to retain my group C licence I would like to down plate my motorhome from 3.850 to 3500kg. With the van fully loaded, except for food, and the water tank half full I have almost 500kg.capacity spare.

Can anyone advise me on the most effective way to achieve this. Do I just need a new plate? If so where can I get one and who do I need to inform about any changes? Your help and advice is needed and any info. will be very much appreciated Thanks Geoff

Thank you Judgemental, just the information that I needed. From the info. on their web site it appears to be a straight forward operation. Ishall be away until next Wednesday but will contact them when I get home and hopefully go ahead and do it. Thanks again Geoff

Hi,

Does down-plating or the age limit/medical condition affect your towing weight, as it would seem like a good solution if you like the layout and size of your motorhome. I was thinking that anyone contemplating this sort of move could perhaps always purchase a trailer for any items that may exceed the new weight limit ? or is this not possible ?

dobscott - 2007-06-30 5:10 PM

In order to avoid the hassle and expense of a medical and completing the documentation needed to retain my group C licence I would like to down plate my motorhome from 3.850 to 3500kg. With the van fully loaded, except for food, and the water tank half full I have almost 500kg.capacity spare.

Can anyone advise me on the most effective way to achieve this. Do I just need a new plate? If so where can I get one and who do I need to inform about any changes? Your help and advice is needed and any info. will be very much appreciated Thanks Geoff

Geoff,

There are usually two vin plates on the vehicle, the base vehicle plate and the converters plate.

Check to see if the base plate is 3500kg, you might be able to use that one.

Have a chat with Stephen Heap the applications engineer for SV Tech on 01772 621800 he will point you in the right direction.

Don

Guest JudgeMental
dobscott - 2007-06-30 7:24 PM

OOPS sorry your honour spelt your name wrong. JudgeMental. Is that better?

To little to late I fear..:-D

Considering your age Sir, and previous good character - will let you oft with an indeterminate life sentence of hard labour.

Consider yourself lucky that I won the lottery this evening *-)

Archived